Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #31
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
@Vanessa: I have started a "Switching the Layout of the USB Keyboard" thread ages ago.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20791
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #32
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: iLiad v2, Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Voyage
You're great Gonna have a look right now !
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #33
rachaelandrews
Enthusiast
rachaelandrews doesn't litterrachaelandrews doesn't litter

Device: iLiad Second Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Hi Rachael !
Actually, it's not that the keyboard is slow. Keyboard is normal. But the display of the text is slow, because of the screen being refreshed every second or so.
If you need to see what you write and if you make a lot of typing mistakes, don't bother getting an usb keyboard on your iLiad, you'll find it very annoying.
Ah-ha, I see the issue now. Thanks for explaining.

I won't need to see what I'm typing - I am fairly severely visually impaired so I can't see what I type half the time anyway. I had the idea that making some notes on the iLiad in certain situations could be useful, then I could transfer the files back to my mac and read them after the event. I expect what mistakes there may be (I'm no touch typist, but I'm ok) will not make the text totally unintelligible.

I've tried making notes with the scribble function and have found that twelve years of visual impairment has rendered my handwriting akin to the tracks of a drunken spider might, and myscript notes or whatever it is (runs on xp via vmware) can't make head nor tail of it. lol.

Perhaps a usb keyboard is a purchase option afterall. Now just to find a really tiny one !

Thanks for your advice.

Rachael
rachaelandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #34
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

I think there is a foldable keyboard that would be great for the iLiad, that's the Targus usb foldable keyboard (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270270223798). That's the one I want. Unfortunately, I can't order it in the USA, so I need to wait for another auction on eBay
Don't purchase one of those stupid plastic rollable keyboards, they are not usable if you type fast (I've tried one of those that my mother purchased some years ago in Hong Kong).
The targus is foldable, so it's tiny, and still usable exactly like a normal keyboard
Old 09-06-2008, 06:30 AM   #35
Vanessa
French newbie

Bought it I think I'll receive the Targus foldable keyboard in a couple of weeks, maybe next week if I'm lucky. I'll post my impressions here
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #36
leomanic
leomanic began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I tried the software and it works great. I tested it with my "Logitech Media Elite" keyboard (corded). Don't know if I will use this functionality often though, as I don't have much to write while on the move.

Still, great piece of software, thanks!
leomanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #37
tobyforever
iliad beginner
tobyforever began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
I worked for a while with my usb keyboard in the console, it is working fine.
but once I clicked the "keyboard server" icon twice from the contentlist, everything I type becomes duplicated(two inputs for a single press). is this somewhat buggy? I thought it was easy to allow for only one instance of the server at a time, if that is the cause.
tobyforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:36 AM   #38
pensos
pensos began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
hi, i attached the keyboard to my iliad. it's working but when i press the keys the letter appears three times on the screen. any idea what is wrong? many thanks.
pensos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:05 AM   #39
tobyforever
iliad beginner
tobyforever began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensos View Post
hi, i attached the keyboard to my iliad. it's working but when i press the keys the letter appears three times on the screen. any idea what is wrong? many thanks.
that is because there are 3 instances of the keyboard deamon running in the background. please make sure you only clicked the keyboard deamon program icon once.
tobyforever is offline   Reply With Quote