Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
nook shipping package dimensions?

My nook is arriving today. I have already sold it on eBay for a, well, healthy profit.

I need to have my wife ship it out today. Can someone please tell me the dimensions of the box B&N ships the nook in so I can remotely process the PayPal shipping label? I know the weight is 2.10 lbs (from the UPS tracking site).

Thanks.

(p.s. don't get in a tizzy that I sold my nook on eBay for $489. Capitalism at it's best...)
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
johnnyr
Connoisseur
johnnyr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I don't think you'll be getting much help. Buying something in demand solely for the purpose of selling it on ebay is not something people really like to see.
johnnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
ifonline
Connoisseur
ifonline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
Seems to me that the person that bought the OP's Nook was glad to see him buy it just for the purpose of selling it. It means that they can get one for Christmas even though they didn't order early. Win-win for everyone, right?
ifonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyr View Post
I don't think you'll be getting much help. Buying something in demand solely for the purpose of selling it on ebay is not something people really like to see.
I bought it to keep. Once I realized I could make a few hundred dollars on eBay, I decided to keep my Kindle 2 and sell it.

Please don't act like I'm some jerk for doing this. The buyer made a conscious decision like an adult to overpay to have it for Christmas. Win-win, IMO.

Anyhow, thanks for the help. Actually I called B&N support and they helped me. The "overpriced" nook is on the way to the buyer...and I made $200 from the deal.

Awesome.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
coolbreeze
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyr View Post
By the way, I'm sure the buyer's gift recipient will be happy to see a nook underneath the Christmas tree. Had it not been for my evil eBay plot, they wouldn't have had one.

Not my fault they didn't pre-order and were willing to pay double to have it for Christmas. Not my fault at all.

Sorry you don't see ways to make money in this world. Everything you buy is "marked up" just like the nooks on eBay are. It's called capitalism and it's alive and well.

If you don't understand, go to a store and raise cane that they have marked the item up to make a profit. It's just not fair, now is it?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
Propheous
Connoisseur
Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook
It's capitalism at its finest. I hope you enjoy the extra $200 for christmas .
Propheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I sure don't have a problem with it.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote