Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
jsmithlamington
jsmithlamington began at the beginning.

Device: none
studing anatomy and best ebook reader?

I'm studying anatomy and wondering if an ebook reader will suite my needs? I can scan the body part/bones/muscles with my snapscan. However, after searching this and other forums it seems like the many ebook readers out there can not scale the pdf to be readable.

Or the only one that seems to be able to this costs $800 which is the cost of a laptop.

Any advice or comments? Also if possible I can post a pdf file and if someone could take a photo of this view on the bebook or foxit that would help out greatly!!

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf muscles.pdf (462.0 KB, 289 views)
jsmithlamington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
jankovicgood
Connoisseur
jankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enough

Device: sony
I'm also looking a ebook reader for large scale PDF files. Reading this forum I come with the conclusion that e-ink devices are not the best solution yet.
I'm looking to buy some netbook tablet pc such as Asus T91 or Gigabyte T1028.
Or you could choose and tablet pc from Fujitsu or HP, I'd found some used on ebay below USD 800.
You should wait for Windows 7, it seems to work better with touchscreen.
jankovicgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jankovicgood View Post
I'm also looking a ebook reader for large scale PDF files. Reading this forum I come with the conclusion that e-ink devices are not the best solution yet.
I'm looking to buy some netbook tablet pc such as Asus T91 or Gigabyte T1028.
Or you could choose and tablet pc from Fujitsu or HP, I'd found some used on ebay below USD 800.
You should wait for Windows 7, it seems to work better with touchscreen.
I agree. The best thing for textbooks and reference manuals is not an epaper based reader. Get a laptop (or tablet, slate, etc).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote