Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #61
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm headed to the doughnut shop now.

"Other products that would be approved would be .... a Burger King Whopper."

Perhaps for a family of four to share, otherwise I don't think that would be a good idea.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #62
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Doughnuts apparently meet the European Union criteria for nutritious foods:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...d-1673411.html

What a surprise.
For some unknown reason, this reminds of the TV series "The Gravy Train". I can picture a train/truck load of doughnuts being shifted around the EU with all of the bureaucrats taking their share of the cream off the top (or out of the centre) as the train/truck moves along, to the point where they are no longer eatable.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #63
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I have selected a pear tart recipe for Saturday's MobileRead Doughnut Day bake-off (and eat-off). It looks a bit difficult but the result should be visually impressive for my wife.

I have also selected an easier alternative just in case I wimp out and want to try something simpler. Or an even simpler one.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #64
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I have selected a pear tart recipe for Saturday's MobileRead Doughnut Day bake-off (and eat-off). It looks a bit difficult but the result should be visually impressive for my wife..
Is it just me, or would anyone else have cut that tart in a different fashion?

WDE. (taking the easy way)
Old 04-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #65
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Great, I'm looking forward to the 'eat-off'! Who's doing the baking? Just let me know and I'll be there.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #66
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
at my house everyday is doughnut day, thanks for the support, we can do this a lot more often until our docotrs tell us to quit, like smoking, it just brings so much joy
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #67
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I'm having one tomorrow morning. I can always describe it to you, for the vicarious pleasure, if you want.

Cheers,
Marc
testify, sing it out
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #68
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Afternoon break donut.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chocolate donut and milk.gif
Views:	381
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	28096  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #69
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Is it just me, or would anyone else have cut that tart in a different fashion?

WDE. (taking the easy way)
I would definitely have, though you have to admit it looks excellent (better?) cut the way it has been, yes?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #70
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Boy, some of you guys sure take your doughnuts seriously (closet bakers? or just getting close to lunchtime?) I bet one of you even has a fully illustrated ebook entitled "The History of the Doughnut, Past, Present and Future." No, that would be more like a Coffee Table Book I guess.

I'm getting sooooo hungry . . . Hurry May 2nd!!!!!
Part of our history...The Canadian angle.
Quote:
It?s so much more than just fried dough. The history of Canada?s favourite snack tells our story more relevantly and succinctly than any high school textbook ... A profound and valuable read.
-Mette Bach-Globe & Mail
WDE.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #71
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Part of our history...The Canadian angle.

WDE.
Is it worthwhile at this juncture mentioning Beaver Tails? (Note: contains no beaver)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #72
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Is it worthwhile at this juncture mentioning Beaver Tails? (Note: contains no beaver)

Cheers,
Marc
Why yes it is. The BeaverTail, invented by the Hookers of Ottawa, is a Canadian treat. Traditionally topped with sugar and cinnamon but also available in many other flavours.

A little history.

Recently enjoyed by U.S. President Barack Obama.

WDE.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:13 AM   #73
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
I wonder if the bearclaw doughnut (not made from bears) is also Canadian?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77611874@N00/2469651689
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #74
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I had a beaver tail at EPCOT in the Canadian section.

Right now, I'm having a cup of coffee and a bag of donut holes. Life is sweet!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #75
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I have selected a pear tart recipe for Saturday's MobileRead Doughnut Day bake-off (and eat-off). It looks a bit difficult but the result should be visually impressive for my wife.

I have also selected an easier alternative just in case I wimp out and want to try something simpler. Or an even simpler one.
Bad dog! No biscuit!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glace au four