Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #91
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Three more pairs of my dragons have had eggs. I was going to post details like I did for the last pair, but I suppose no one is really all that interested. Anyway, at least the "extra" eggs (you can only keep one per batch) have all been adopted by other people and seem to be getting views, so I'm not in the situation I was in above with the abandoned egg. (Which seems to be coming along nicely in the wilderness, at least.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #92
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I've been enjoying your announcements - just, um, haven't been saying so - sorry
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #93
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I've been enjoying your announcements - just, um, haven't been saying so - sorry
me too ! i've been reading along. just haven't always had much to say... but that wasn't lack of interest.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:28 AM   #94
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, well then!

Xiao Hua Shi ("Little Flower Stone" (marble or granite)) loves to carve intricate flower sculptures out of granite found in the northern mountains. While doing so, she attracted the attention of Qiang Bai Yi.

Qiang Bai Yi ("Great White Healer") follows in his mother's footsteps by healing all creatures in the northern mountains. While journeying to his patients, he came across many beautiful flowers carved of stone. After some time, he resolved to find the maker of these lifelike stone flowers. So he met Xiao Hua Shi, and their first mating produced two stone eggs.

Dragon parents are only able to raise one egg at a time, so they kept one The other, however, has been fostered out and is doing fine.

Like her mother Xiao Lyu Yu, Xiao Bi Yu ("Little Jasper") enjoys working with stone. She began to construct a wall of ornate carved jasper around the healing garden of Xiao Bai Yi. Perhaps it was this that brought her to the attention of Zhong Da Wei.

Zhong Da Wei ("Great Protector") is a close friend of Qiang Bai Xue, who guards travelers in the northern mountain passes. While visiting his friend one day, he stopped to admire the garden of Qiang Bai Xue's mate, Xiao Bai Yi. He was amazed to see a beautiful wall of carved jasper surrounding and protecting the garden. When he inquired about the wall, he was introduced to Xiao Bi Yu, and he began to court her. Their first mating produced one Guardian egg:

Xiao He Feng ("Little Breeze") has learned to make unearthly music by allowing the air to vibrate her wings as she flies. These pure tones attracted the attention of the great magi Yong Nan Wu. At first, his songs were too deep in pitch for her to perceive them, but gradually she became aware of their sublime harmonies.

Yong Nan Wu ("Harmonious Wizard") works his magic through the power of songs. His deep base rumble can often be heard in the valleys between the northern mountains, strengthening the enchantments that protect all life there. The graceful flight and aetherial music of Xiao He Feng called to him, but he had to learn to adjust his own harmonies to hers before he could reach her in return. Their first mating produced one Skywing and two Magi eggs. They have chosen to raise one of the Magi eggs: , but the other two have been adopted by other dragons:
Old 02-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #95
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Qiang Bai Yi ("Great White Healer") follows in his mother's footsteps by healing all creatures in the northern mountains.
Could you send that dragon to visit Ricky for a bit?
She's not too well at the moment, and her rescued animals would probably also benefit from Qiang Bai Yi's help.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #96
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
D'you have one that brings fortune? As in "You aren't going to smash into any nearly immovable objects for a while"?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #97
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
D'you have one that brings fortune? As in "I want to get rich quick"?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #98
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I'm a bad little boy.....
Old 02-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #99
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'm a bad big boy in Green
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #100
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Could you send that dragon to visit Ricky for a bit?
She's not too well at the moment, and her rescued animals would probably also benefit from Qiang Bai Yi's help.
I'll see what I can do.

I'm not sure about dragons keeping people from hitting immovable objects... and I'm a bit worried that the question has come up from someone who a - has just bought a new vehicle and b - lives in a place where roads are often slippery.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #101
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I'll see what I can do.

I'm not sure about dragons keeping people from hitting immovable objects... and I'm a bit worried that the question has come up from someone who a - has just bought a new vehicle and b - lives in a place where roads are often slippery.
Well, I bought the jeep specifically for extracting my butt from the ditch when that happens.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #102
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Oops.

Xiao Lyu Yu and Qian Xiu Cao just had another egg, but apparently if you already have five hatchlings, you can't keep any more eggs. Hopefully someone will adopt it.

Last edited by nekokami; 02-20-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: fix link to poor abandoned egg... sniff
Old 02-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #103
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Isn't there any contraception for dragons?
Yours seem to breed a lot.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #104
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Isn't there any contraception for dragons?
Yours seem to breed a lot.
tee hee ! i was about to say just that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #105
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Actually, they only do if I "remind" them. (I like to think I'm not just herding them into a pen....) They can only breed once a week. But once you've got dragons of a particular color, if you want more dragons of that color, breeding them is a lot easier than trying to pick up eggs from the cave. And some types of dragons can only be produced by breeding, e.g. "geodes." You need to breed two stone dragons, or two "pebble" dragons (those are the large light green ones) or stone x pebble. All my stone and pebble dragons are female, and don't seem interested in experimenting with new um... gender identities. I was kind of hoping this most recent egg would be a medium green one and would hatch into a male, but it was a dark green one (vines) and I didn't get to keep it anyway.

What I think would be more fun would be a sort of garden that would change depending on what you started with and which things were next to each other. E.g. some kinds of flowers might attract butterflies, some kinds of plants help other plants grow, etc. And you could get cross-pollination, and share the seeds with your friends. But I guess more people like clicking like mad to try to "steal" eggs for big fierce dragons.