Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
BBel
Enthusiast
BBel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (white cos I like it better!)
How to upgrade

Ok this is probably a REALLY stupid nooby question, I'm using Calibre to manage the library for my Kobo. This is an upgrading to new versions of calibre Am I supposed to be downloading it and installing it as if for the first time? I'm used to program upgrades being patches that run and do all the work for you. Do I then need to find the old versions on my Mac and delete them?
Sorry for my noobiness
BBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:34 AM   #2
BBel
Enthusiast
BBel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (white cos I like it better!)
title should obviously be HOW to upgrade, not hoe
BBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:17 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Fixed.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Yes, just download the new installer and run it. Due to Calibre's cross-platform nature, building an auto-update and/or patch system would be very expensive. Dev time is better spent elsewhere
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote