Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
branchedout
branchedout began at the beginning.

Device: Soon-to-be K3
Having a very hard time converting a comic and keeping it in order!

Hi there. I'm probably getting an ereader within a month. Probably a kindle 3. Because I want to be able to read RSS comics (I don't ever do that on my PC. I never think about it. If I caried a kindle around, I'd probably get around to it), news feeds, and maybe use it for cookbooks. I don't really plan to read much, honestly! I'm getting it for it's insane battery life, and screen size.

If anyone knows a large-screened device around the Kindle Price that has wifi, does RSS feeds, two-week+ battery life, pdfs, book formats, and more, do tell!

But, I have a collection of comics. They're all in a folder archive. The main folder "Comic" and the sub folders "Chapter 1, chapter 2, chapter 3."

When I convert them in Calibre (they wo'nt convert half the time) the ordering will be messed up. Instead of going from chapter 1 to chapter 2, it'll go from chapter 1 to chapter 11!

I've yet to find software that will go from ONE to TWO!

I saw Kindle handles JPGs and PNGs finely, if a bit iffy. So I tried Mangle to convert them into a better image for the kindle. Once again, it went from Chapter 1 to chapter 11! Blast!

Am I doing something wrong?
Do I not have the right software?
branchedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Simply add a "0" in front of it. That title will be recognized as a string and compared as such. And "11" follows "1", and will be before "2". But "02" will be before "11"...

(so, Chapter 01, Chapter 02, Chapter 03, etc)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
branchedout
branchedout began at the beginning.

Device: Soon-to-be K3
You, sir (and/or madam), are a god (or goddess) among men (and women).

Worked a charm.
branchedout is offline   Reply With Quote