Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #166
D..
Enthusiast
D.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo & Kindle
Thanks, had a go at that and still no luckk. I use author sort as last name first name - also in the author's name and they still come out haphazardly. I tried entering them without using Calibre and no author folders but still no difference. In fact it started with author surname W so I thought it was listing them backwards, but no all over the place. I do not know whether it is my reader [which I updated with the new firmware] or some way the metadata isnt being read correctly as Calibre lists them correctly. Any other ideas would be appreciated as now I have to limit the number of books because I cant find them otherwise - without trawling through the whole library!
D.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #167
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
D. Are you using the Calibre series management features along with a Metadata plugboard, or are you just renaming the books?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #168
Mollynix
Mollynix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
BIG TIP! if you are having problems turning your Kobo Touch off and on..LISTEN UP! I was having a deuce of a time getting it to turn on or off until a friend of mine pointed out that you need to apply pressure to the slider(press down as you slide and hold)..DO NOT just slide!! IT WORKS!
Mollynix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #169
D..
Enthusiast
D.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Thanks for your reply Peter, but unfortunately I do not understand what you are asking? I usually load books into Calibre and then go through entering or amending the metadata with author sort etc. by pressing the enter metadata button. I have tried sliding the books across to the Kobo and then renaming the file, but that didnt work. As I said all are listed correctly in Calibre and when I open the Kobo folders up on the PC, they are listed correctly there, but this doesnt translate when opening up the actual library on the Kobo. I have the latest Calibre installed. Hope this means something to you and confirms whether or not I am using the Management!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #170
D..
Enthusiast

Just re-read your reply and realised what you were asking - yes, I use the series feature, naming and numbering them. Then I retitle the book with the series name and no before the actual title.
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #171
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

D... Give this a try instead...

In Calibre, goto Preferences, and then look for Metadata plugboards in the Import/Export section.

Then Add new plugboard
Code:
Format: ePub
Device: Kobo
Source Template: {series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
Destination Field: title
What this does is automatically retitle a book as is it transferred to the Kobo based on the Series, the number of the book in the series, and the title of the book.

The series name is "shortened" so that Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams, book 3 in the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy appears on my Kobo as THGttG - 03 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Books without a series info do not get massaged.

This way, when I sort books by Title on the Kobo, all books in the series appear together.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #172
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Peter, how works the rule (regex) to shorten the series name? In other words, what's the result of a serie labeled e.g. "John Rebus"? I assume "JR".
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #173
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

The regex I use extracts the first letter of each word in the series. For more info on this (and other plugboards) look in the Calibre forum at this sticky --> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118563
Old 02-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #174
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you, that helps a lot. I've now learnt the keyword "plugboards" to perform further searches.
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #175
Crent
Crent began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

In Calibre, goto Preferences, and then look for Metadata plugboards in the Import/Export section.

Then Add new plugboard
Code:
Source Template: {series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
What this does is automatically retitle a book as is it transferred to the Kobo based on the Series, the number of the book in the series, and the title of the book.

The series name is "shortened" so that Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams, book 3 in the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy appears on my Kobo as THGttG - 03 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

This way, when I sort books by Title on the Kobo, all books in the series appear together.
thanks a million; i've been searching for a useful way to do this and here it is. thanks again

here's a quick question, will this work with the format set to any?

Last edited by Crent; 02-26-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Crent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #176
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I think it will
Old 02-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #177
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is there a tip or a trick to get embedded fonts to work when the font-family is put in the body style in the CSS?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #178
D..
Enthusiast

Quote:

Then Add new plugboard
Code:

That is helpful, unfortunately I would still like them in alphabetical order, authori's surname & then the way that you suggest - would be ideal. Still no luck getting the authors in alphabetical order. Have tried changing the metada all ways & nothing seems to work, but at least I can get them in series order now. Thanks
Old 03-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #179
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

Then Add new plugboard
Code:

Thank you, this is the 1 thing I have left to figure out [sort my series on my Kobo]! I did as you suggested but nothing changed in Calibre. I'm guessing I need to delete the series books that I already have in Calibre [and on my Kobo] and re-add them for this to work? And it will then work when I add any new series from now on?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #180
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Just drop the books from the Kobo, ensure they are flagged correctly with Calibre (ie series and series #) and then upload away