Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #31
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsc View Post
I will have to check when i get home but we tried it last night and it said updated correctly but then went back to the Starting up screen
As someone who recently updated to the latest firmware, can I ask if you saw this message on your PC or on the Sony Reader? One issue with Sony's updater IMO is that it gives you the "Update complete' type message on the PC while the updater is still doing stuff on the reader. What I did was I waited even after the PC displayed this message till the Sony reader finally came back to the main menu. Only at that point did I unplug/turn off my reader. I don't know if that might be the issue for you.
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #32
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Have you looked at the troubleshooting section in the Wiki?

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRS5...uble_Shooting:

It has this info:

Recovering a brick

Note: Some have reported that this does not work. You may need to return your reader to Sony.
1. You're stuck at "Reader starting up"
2. Paperclip the reset button then slide the power toggle.
3. When the screen goes blank, quickly connect the PC usb cable.
The Reader should reboot and show the USB connect in a minute or so, then you can use the Sony Updater to reflash your Reader.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #33
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsc View Post
No it hasn't, my PC isn't recognising the device and when I go into the Ebook Library it doesn't recognise it either.

The only time it does is when it says firmware not updated correctly
I hope by now you have been successful, if not do try the steps that pilotbob pointed out in the wiki troubleshooting section.

For future reference though without quoting the question your replying to it is hard to know who or what your replying to. Not quoting creates confusion for those who want to help.

Let us know if you need further help or what you did to overcome this problem.

Good Luck
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote