Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Henry, Matthew: Complete Bible Commentary v1, 27 february 2009

This book is the expanded commentary on the Bible, written by Matthew Henry, and continued by a number of ministers, and edited by G. Burder and John Hughes in 1811, after the death of MH.

This book is a revised version which comes out of public domain.

It is probably one of the largest books on Mobileread.com, so it might take some time to load into your reader. There have been some issues found changing font sizes too.
My guess is that the PRS-505 has too little memory to do a font size increase.

This book is the old testament only; I'm working on the new testament,and hope it'll be available somewhere between after the weekend, or the week after.
*Edit: Work permanently halted or discontinued*

If anyone is interested in creating the new testament version you are welcome to do so.

thanks!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.

Last edited by ProDigit; 05-31-2009 at 12:29 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
woodennickel
woodennickel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 700
ProDigit... I have 700 and yes the font size does work... thank you for this post.

On the TOC....there are 95 pages... is it possible to have a TOC of all the books names and then a sub TOC with just the chapters? (I am thinking I read somewhere that submenus are not an option with LRF files - is this true?)

Thanks again.. this book will come in handy!
woodennickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2009, 12:21 AM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Thanks for confirming!
Unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost all my original data. It came in a bad timing, a timing when I wanted to back up but didn't have external HD space enough. Unfortunately I'm no longer able to edit the file, or I should start from scratch.
You can skip 10pages by holding the 'next page' knob for 2 seconds or so. That way you could skip pages quicker.

The TOC should hold just the basic books, and should be only 3 pages large at most!
One could create a hyperlink to a page holding another hyperlink, and so forth... to 'infinity', meaning I could do subsubsub menu's, but the Sony software does not support going back in these bookmarks. Especially not for a book with over 1000 bookmarks.
For a small book it would be possible to create the structure you mention by redirecting a hyperlink back to one previous hyperlink. But in this book unfortunately that is not possible.

As far as tocs care concerned, Sony Reader only supports a single TOC, like most ebook formats.
I used the menustructure I developed to comfortably and quickly browse through the bible. I agree on MHCBC the menu structure is not well tuned, and browsing is not that easy (seeing that some chapters could indeed take several tens of pages).

But time did not permit me to improve it any better, and I think neither did the software/hardware of the reader.
If I would have improved the structure with more hyperlinks the PRS-505 readers would have trouble loading it.

Last edited by ProDigit; 05-31-2009 at 12:25 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
woodennickel
woodennickel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 700
Smile

Thanks for the hint on holding the button... I was unaware of that... this will help.

Sorry to hear about your data... you should try something like Carbonite.... automatic constant back up offsite... and unlimited storage.
woodennickel is offline   Reply With Quote