Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2016, 11:25 PM   #1
kzik
kzik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo / Aura H2O
[off-topic post]

Is there a way to adjust the colour of the led's in the firmware?
a registry edit of some sort? or a .bat file? haha

i am looking to warm the screencolour and reduce blue light for nighttime reading.

(kobo h2o)

thanks,
kzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:56 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You post was completely off-topic to the thread from which I moved it.

Please post responsibly.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
A starting point. It looks like the LED color temperature (3700K+ for your bluing) are effected by the current applied to the LEDs. So most likely adjusting a resistance in the circuit powering the LEDs.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
kzik
kzik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo / Aura H2O
very sorry, moderator.
i thought it would be packaged with third party firmware, since adjusting LEDs would be deep in.

Thankyou for that starting point, Rick. Can you PM me with where you think that control might be located within the OS? I will move this topic.
kzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:48 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Hmm, Don didn't move my reply to your original post, so...
Quote:
None that I have every heard of. And it would require the LEDs in the device to be capable of changing colour. Or some other part of the hardware to be able to do this. I very much doubt the hardware is capable of doing this.
And hence I don't think the OS will support it. But, the OS is Linux, so you should be able to find how something like this is done in other Linux builds and test it.

The other way, which I think Ken was sort of suggesting, is to modify the hardware. If you can identify the circuit, you might be able to add a resister to change the voltage. This was done with the first release of the Glo to reduce the brightness of the LEDs. A search here should find it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Sorry, I must have missed that post!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote