Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 12:27 AM   #31
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
What, no one reads The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew anymore? The Black Stallion?
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #32
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Actually my nine-year-old just read her first Nancy Drew and she LOVED it! But I was shocked when I read the back cover copy, it was a cyber-mystery! They still publish new ones, did you you know that??

My daughter loved a book called "Abby Carnelia's One and Only Magical Power" by David Pogue (yes, THAT David Pogue, the technology writer). It's little-known but hysterical. Age 8 or so.

She will read anything by Roald Dahl, also a lot of humor (in fact, he even has a quote in one of his books, something along the lines of, "what good is a children's book if it isn't funny?").

She is up to the fourth Harry Potter but will probably stop there for a while.

She was enthralled with the Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. I think that's for kids a little bit older than 9, she and I read it together.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #33
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Just about anything by Andre Norton, Tamora Pierce, James Schmitz, Terry Pratchett, a wrinkle in Time and the Hospital Station series by James White. And for Females Georgette Heyer.

Last edited by crossi; 06-09-2014 at 05:24 PM.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:41 AM   #34
tammasarath
tammasarath began at the beginning.

Device: none
hi guys aren't you giving download links to the books? all the links are pointing to amazon. i thought this site will give some free download links for the different formatted books.
tammasarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:44 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice

This site does not condone piracy, and any attempt to ask for "free download links" for copyrighted material will result in an immediate ban. This is your one and only warning.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #36
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I would recommend Arthur C. Clarke's collected short stories. I enjoyed the short-story format as a kid, and Clarke did it incredibly well. I found he was a very optimistic author in his outlook who communicated a great sense of wonder. I don't find his short stories have aged. IMO very appropriate for a young reader.

The Collected Stories Of Arthur C. Clarke

A steal at that price.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 09-30-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:28 AM   #37
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Well, sure 'nough!

Check out Ursula K. Le Guin's Sci-Fi for young adults.

We're talking National Book Award and the Newberry Award, among others for her YA series.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:25 AM   #38
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
As a teenager in the 50s I really loved Edgar Rice Burroughs' martian series.
Only the 3 first volumes were translated into Danish. They are the best of the very long series.

The first 3 Volumes are:
1. A Princess of Mars
2. The Gods of Mars
3. Warlord of Mars

They are in the public domain.
A beautiful 100th anniversary edition can be found on Amazon
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote