Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
kobowifiguy
kobowifiguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
KOBO Wifi non-English WORKS, But New Problem -- Help Please?

[Post deleted by moderator]

Last edited by HarryT; 07-06-2012 at 07:44 AM.
kobowifiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice

Any further attempt to upload copyrighted material to MR, or link to pirate book sites, will result in an immediate and permanent ban. This is your one and only warning.

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-06-2012 at 10:06 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
kobowifiguy

I'm so angry I can hardly see straight. Why the hell would you delete my entire post, Harry?

Please restore it immediately, minus whatever you deem as copyrighted material; I spent well over an hour writing it and there is no way for me to restore what is now lost.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice

We will not permit MobileRead forums to be used to request assistance with pirated books.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobowifiguy View Post
I'm so angry I can hardly see straight. Why the hell would you delete my entire post, Harry?

Please restore it immediately, minus whatever you deem as copyrighted material; I spent well over an hour writing it and there is no way for me to restore what is now lost.
Count yourself lucky your account wasn't deleted as well. We are very strict at MobileRead about copyright violation.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 02:44 AM   #6
kobowifiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Count yourself lucky your account wasn't deleted as well. We are very strict at MobileRead about copyright violation.
Honestly, I'm touched that publicly you're so strict about copyright violation, and being moderators of this forum, I'm equally sure that all of you have never read a copyrighted book.

Having said that,
1-Who is to say what I uploaded was copyrighted/not paid for?
2-How can I restore my post, or at least recover what I wrote? Can one of you PM it to me? I posted a bunch of links that will be almost impossible for me to properly recall/rewrite. If you can't restore this, or at least PM me the original post, you will have one very, very seriously pissed off person floating around. I run a large forum myself, and I treat every member like gold. Deleting someone's post that they obviously spent some time writing, when alternatives exist like editing it, or moving it elsewhere temporarily while I was PMed, is something that enrages people. Whether this concerns your forum's administrator or not is another matter.

--

http://shoujun.blogspot.com/2012/03/...s-in-epub.html

I am trying to read a Chinese book on a KOBO Wifi. It's possible, I'm doing it with a book called The Private Life of Chairman Mao. However, a new book doesn't work... I think if I'm able to figure out why when I change the .epub of the book to .zip with the Mao book, it expands into its contents like a normal .zip file, but when I do it with the other book, it becomes a .cpgz file, and then if I try and expand that, it turns back into the original .zip.

Anyone have any idea why this might be the case? I really wish KOBO would make this easier for us, I love it other than it's lack of non-English support.

Last edited by kobowifiguy; 07-07-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobowifiguy View Post
1-Who is to say what I uploaded was copyrighted/not paid for?
It's possible that you had paid for the book (although since you mentioned you had it from three sources, that seems unlikely), but you certainly weren't authorised to upload it to MobileRead for others to download.

Moderator Notice

Please do not do upload copyright material to MobileRead without the copyright holder's explicit permission. If you do, you will be banned.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote