Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #166
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
jscris, please try this Kindlet version signed with the test key:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2752840/cr3runner-3.0.azw2
Thank you! That works!
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #167
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Thank you! That works!
Thanks for the info, I've updated the kindlet in GitHub repo already.
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #168
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
oops

I goofed I think that way back in the 2011-04-05 merged keystore update the alias name for the test key changed from test to anmipo. The notorious key is present in the merged keystore but not anymore with its well known name. I will fix the keystore with the correct alias name later today.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #169
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
done: I have now properly renamed the aliases for the test key.

Since there is no new key material in this update, there is no need to reinstall the keystore. The update is only useful for developers to locate which "standard" key they should use.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for pointing the problem.

P.S. I hate the keystore... with a passion. Hopefully all is well now, but let me know if I goof again.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 AM   #170
suzidownunder
suzidownunder began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Does anyone know how to completely uninstall cool reader? I have tried several times so that I can start fresh but each time i re-install, it picks up the old files (even though they are no longer on the tablet/SD card! I deleted the cr3 file but still cool reader is showing author names that no longer exist!
suzidownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #171
suzidownunder
suzidownunder began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
I have a Galaxy Tab2 - by the way.....
suzidownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #172
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@suzidownunder, wrong forum, it's Kindle specific discussion here.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #173
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Kindle Touch is now supported (same version from the repository as for Paperwhite).
Old 11-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #174
Meerka
Meerka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire v1
Somewhere I came across very simple instructions for enabling TTS in a Coolreader 3 version on a Kindle Fire v1. My copy stopped playing TTS and also developed formatting problems in Night Mode (black text on dark texture). Was there a post on that installation here or on another website, maybe even Facebook? Searching forums/threads hasn't succeeded! None of the CR versions I've downloaded are formatting as I remember nor are they playing TTS.
Meerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #175
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerka View Post
Somewhere I came across very simple instructions for enabling TTS in a Coolreader 3 version on a Kindle Fire v1. My copy stopped playing TTS and also developed formatting problems in Night Mode (black text on dark texture). Was there a post on that installation here or on another website, maybe even Facebook? Searching forums/threads hasn't succeeded! None of the CR versions I've downloaded are formatting as I remember nor are they playing TTS.
There are no posts here about the Kindle Fire.
Wrong forum, this forum is the e-ink Kindles.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #176
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: K3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwndrd View Post
copy the following code to a file (name it CoolReader3, for example, extension is not necessary) and copy the file to kite folder
I'm trying to get this to start via Kite. I've created the script exactly below and put it in Kite folder.

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/us/cr3/goqt.sh cr3 start

Cool Reader 3 shows up on Kindle, but when I try to run it, nothing happens. Where have I gone wrong please?

Just to confirm, CR runs fine via launchpad.
jackhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #177
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Try this:
/mnt/us/cr3/goqt.sh cr3
or:
/mnt/us/cr3/cr3.sh cr3

Also ensure that Unix line endings are used.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #178
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Thanks for you help.

I tried....

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/us/cr3/goqt.sh cr3

and

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/us/cr3/cr3.sh cr3

...but still nothing. I'm not sure if this should be a one line command instead of two? Either way, I tried both #!/bin/sh/mnt/us/cr3/goqt.sh cr3 and #!/bin/sh
/mnt/us/cr3/cr3.sh cr3 but still nothing.

Sorry only just jailbroke my Kindle and Unix newb so not familiar with what the correct Unix line endings are?

I can confirm goqt.sh and cr3 are present in my cr3 folder, so /mnt/us/cr3/goqt.sh cr3 should work right?

Last edited by jackhulk; 12-05-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #179
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Which Cool Reader version do you use? Did you try the one from https://github.com/CrazyCoder/coolreader-kindle-qt ?

If you'll get it working as described in the installation guide, you can then download the repository as zip and copy everything from the dist folder on top to get the latest and the greatest version.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #180
jackhulk
Connoisseur

I'm using cr3-kindle-2012-10-04 from link on first page.

I have no idea what do download from that github link you gave. I had a nightmare yesterday trying to get kindlepdfviewer working, and turns out it's because I downloaded from github using the 'ZIP' button, which gave my the source code instead of what I needed.

UPDATE: Downloaded master zip, copied latest and greatest across from dist, just trying the script now.

I have build 30 Nov 2012 now and confirmed working via launchpad, but script still won't work. Perhaps it's the way I'm creating script? First I done this in notepad, now notepad++, saved as .txt, deleted that extension, so now I have 'Cool Reader 3' within Kite folder.

Last edited by jackhulk; 12-05-2012 at 05:12 PM.