Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
lathom
Kindle user
lathom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Minimum cover size to download

Feature/tweak request (unless I'm missing something and there is already a way to do this):

It would be great to be able to specify a minimum cover size to download

Thanks!
-Andy
lathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When bulk downloading calibre uses the largest available cover size automatically anyway (subject to the priorities you set for different metadata sources).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
lathom
Kindle user
lathom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
When bulk downloading calibre uses the largest available cover size automatically anyway (subject to the priorities you set for different metadata sources).
I understand. But I'd prefer not to have image files less than, say, 300x400 pixels stored because I find I can almost always find something better with a Google image search.
lathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lathom View Post
I understand. But I'd prefer not to have image files less than, say, 300x400 pixels stored because I find I can almost always find something better with a Google image search.
Two ideas come to mind.

1. Don't download covers in bulk.

or

2. If you do download covers in bulk use the Quality Check plugin to search for covers smaller than x/x and tag those books for searching in Google when you have time.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote