Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 02:27 AM   #1
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Series Numbers for long series

I have a few series that have almost 20 books in them which is great for giving me lots to read. However, Calibre removed the 0`s that I put at the beginning of the series numbers. That makes the first 9 eBooks sort out of order on my eBook Reader. Is there a way to add the "0" to the beginning of single digit series numbers to force the correct sort?
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
I have a few series that have almost 20 books in them which is great for giving me lots to read. However, Calibre removed the 0`s that I put at the beginning of the series numbers. That makes the first 9 eBooks sort out of order on my eBook Reader. Is there a way to add the "0" to the beginning of single digit series numbers to force the correct sort?
Try this (or a version of this) in your send to device template

{author_sort}/{series} - {series_index:0>2s} - {title} - {authors}

This will set your file names with preceding zeros on your series index.

If you want to include the series info in your your metadata title try this thread, specifically the General Metadata spoiler.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote