Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Asus EEE transformer listed on amazon.ca for $399

Available May 7. The keyboard dock is sold separately for $149.

http://www.amazon.ca/ASUS-TRANSFORME...1417379&sr=1-9

Looks nice.
Ziguezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I was reading about that on Engadget and Slashgear, this thing loooks insanely nice and it seems to be the first tablet to sort of comine the laptop/tablet experience as opposed to just buying a keyboard accesories like the iPad, xoom, galaxay S tabs.

specs are fantastic plus a MyCloud storage service. Asus be the first one to truely step it up, who would have thunk it.

but I'll wait for the reviews. The Xoom is still first on my list but this has REALLY caught my attention.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The selection of ports is quite good: usb, micro-SD, and hdmi.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis

Oops... the page is no longer available. I guess they posted the info too early and retracted it.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #5
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I was reading about that on Engadget and Slashgear, this thing loooks insanely nice and it seems to be the first tablet to sort of comine the laptop/tablet experience as opposed to just buying a keyboard accesories like the iPad, xoom, galaxay S tabs.

specs are fantastic plus a MyCloud storage service. Asus be the first one to truely step it up, who would have thunk it.

but I'll wait for the reviews. The Xoom is still first on my list but this has REALLY caught my attention.
I have a feeling that this might be nicer than the Xoom. Of course, I'm a big fan of the IPS screen. The $400 entry level price is very tempting as well!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've read a few blurbs about this, and have been waiting to play with one. I put a little more faith in Asus than I do with Motorola, so given the opportunity....I'd probably pick this one up.

Here's another link that gives the same info as for pricing. Apparently, Best Buy and Newegg screwed the pooch with listing it, too.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #7
skyline
Enthusiast
skyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
I have a feeling that this might be nicer than the Xoom. Of course, I'm a big fan of the IPS screen. The $400 entry level price is very tempting as well!
IPS of better resolution than the iPad's own. Xoom does not have an IPS screen and for the same hardware it demands more money. Which one should I go for, which one should I go for...

Transformer is available in the UK on the 18th of this month so let's wait for more comprehensive reviews, although there is a full list of specifications and quite a few "hands-on". For 429 pounds (never mind the exchange rates, tech products are cheaper in the U.S.) including the keyboard which adds another 8 hours battery life (16 total) this is 99% my next tablet. Xoom is overpriced but competition should help them readjust their demands for cash

Last edited by skyline; 04-04-2011 at 01:32 AM.
skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #8
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis

If i were to buy a tablet in the next month or two it would probably be this one. The keyboard accessory is just what a tablet needs, in my book. However, I must wait and see what their other model with the slide out keyboard looks like (Asus Slider), although that one will probably be too heavy for me. Heck, even this Transformer model is looking heavy compared to the upcoming Samsung tablets.

I can't wait to see how some of the other Android tablets announced earlier this year compare to this. Among others, Samsung, Toshiba, Acer, Vizio, and now even Sony have displayed/announced/leaked interesting products.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
skyline
Enthusiast
skyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziguezon View Post
I can't wait to see
What is stopping you from seeing right now?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline View Post
What is stopping you from seeing right now?
What is stopping me from seeing how the yet to be released Transformer compares to the other unreleased tablets?

In many cases, what was displayed at the CES show in January will not be quite the same as what will end up being released. For example, the Samsung 10.1 inch tablet will be thinner and lighter than was originally announced. It will also be more affordable than many would have expected. So I can't wait to see how all the upcoming tablets displayed at CES will look and feel when they are finally available and I can do some hands on testing down at my local Best Buy.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
ACER and ASUS this would be better bet since they sell computer, desktops, laptops, netbook an et. Than to buy these cheap knockoff tablets from Audio Electronic companies that sell MP3,MP4, cordless phone, walkie talkie, DVD players, HDTV stuff like.

I like the ideal you can dock it in a keyboard and then un-attaché it as a tablet. $400 isn't a deal breaker either.

Better than the Xoom prices are just to high but then again your buying a Motorola product. I am sure Cisco tablet going to be expensive too.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #12
skyline
Enthusiast

The transformer is available in Taiwan and in the UK for pre-orders, general UK availability on the 18th of April and soon after in the US/Canada so specs are finalized. Same goes for the slider which weights 886 grams and there are quite a few hands on if you re interested to know what it looks like.

How do the new tablets compare? All of them have a double core 1Ghz processor - usually Tegra 2 and 1 GB of ram, the iPad 2 is an exception with 512 MB. The android tablets will be running honeycomb and the ipad ios - so there's another difference here. Battery life is similar, screen quality more or less the same, exceptions are the ipad and the Asus tablets with their IPS panels. Have a look at the HTC flyer, you might like it.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
skyline
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir View Post
Better than the Xoom prices are just to high but then again your buying a Motorola product. I am sure Cisco tablet going to be expensive too.
The transformer with its IPS panel is better than Xoom. And much cheaper. Motorola is just overpriced.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #14
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
What do you think of their add?

=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #15
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
What do you think of their add?
Funny

Tags
android tablet, asus eee