Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
alwc37
alwc37 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle 2.5.6, can't find a working screensaver hack

I have tried quite a few I have found on the web, even one that said it was for 2.5. Is there one that works with this newer firmware or and does anybody know where I can get it? Just got my wife a kindle 2 and she wants pictures of her ferrets on it.
alwc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I've had absolutely no trouble using the SS hack from the Kindle Developer's Corner (sub-forum of this one) on my Kindle 2 (firmware 2.5.6). Just make sure you use the right files for your Kindle (US vs Int'l).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You should try the jailbreak version of the screensaver hack.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
alwc37
alwc37 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have no clue what I was doing wrong before but Daffy4u those files worked wonderfully. It was bothering me I couldn't figure it out, guess I was just using the wrong one after all....or something. Thanks for all the help, she now has ferrets on hers and is happy.
alwc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwc37 View Post
I have no clue what I was doing wrong before but Daffy4u those files worked wonderfully. It was bothering me I couldn't figure it out, guess I was just using the wrong one after all....or something. Thanks for all the help, she now has ferrets on hers and is happy.
Glad it worked for you. Happy Ferrets Everyone!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert