Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Paede
Paede began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Unhappy Content Server Problem

Hi,

I had a calibre installation (0.7.28) which worked ok, but I made a portable version out of it like described in the online user manual. After that, I can only login to the content server (http://localhost:8080) if I do not specify a password. Then everything is fine, but if I specify a password and try to login, the following error is displayed:

401 Unauthorized

You are not authorized to access that resource

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 591, in respond
File "site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 98, in run
File "site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 58, in __call__
File "site-packages\cherrypy\lib\auth.py", line 74, in digest_auth
HTTPError: (401, 'You are not authorized to access that resource')

I tried that also on another PC with another portable installation and I have the same error there. I think something went wrong when I converted the "normal" installation to a "portable" one.

(I tried to change the password, Caps-Lock is not enabled and the username is still "calibre")

Does anyone knows what I have to change ?

Thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day !
Paede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
Paede

Now I tried it also without the GUI, just with the command-line version. I tried two different ways. The first line works perfectly (without access restriction) and the second line does not work (like with the GUI):

calibre-server --with-library "D:\Apps\Calibre 0.7.28\CalibreLibrary"

calibre-server --username calibre --password 1234 --with-library "D:\Apps\Calibre 0.7.28\CalibreLibrary"

Thanks for your help !
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
myudkowsky
Enthusiast
myudkowsky began at the beginning.

Device: Andoid
Looks like you and I entered _similar_ problems at almost the same time. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107361

My problem is about the server in general, not the portable version.

I have some additional tests and include HTTP headers in my post.
myudkowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
Paede

Smile

Hi, The problem is solved ! How you ask ?

I installed the brand new calibre version 0.7.29 !

I have no idea why it's working now but this new version has solved the problem !

Thanks and have a wonderful day !
Old 11-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paede View Post
I installed the brand new calibre version 0.7.29 !

I have no idea why it's working now but this new version has solved the problem !
You can see what bugs are fixed in each version by reviewing the change log.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
I haven't used the content server in a year or so, but I had my wife's iTouch/Stanza set up to download books from my Calibre server. Now, I'm trying to use it again, but all I see are choices to view catalog by author, title, etc.--and blank pages when I pick any of the choices. Has the method for connecting to the server changed?

Here's the URL I'm using:
http://computername:8080/stanza

I thought the problem might be Avast antivirus, but turning that off temporarily didn't help. Might Windows 7 firewall be blocking it? (Even though it didn't before.)

When I enter the URL into my browser (on the same computer as Calibre) I get the listings.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited by starrigger; 11-28-2010 at 06:06 PM.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
try going to

with firefox on another computer. You should see the feed listing.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
try going to

with firefox on another computer. You should see the feed listing.
Ah--no. It can't be found from another computer on the network. The iTouch seems to be making a connection, because it's not giving a connect error (which it did when I tried connecting to Calibre on a computer that's turned off). The other computer just can't find the address.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

then you have network setup issues. Make sure the IP address you are using is correct, the firewall on your computer/router is passing through 8080 and on and on.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #10
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Hm, I just tried from a third computer on the network, and I got the listings correctly. So the last problem was probably something in the second computer, not the Calibre host computer.

I'm pretty sure the iTouch/Stanza connection is getting through, but the catalogue isn't downloading.

EDIT: further test -- each computer can see the other's Calibre server catalogue. But the iTouch can't see books in either, though it can get as far as seeing the sort choices.

Last edited by starrigger; 11-28-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You are using stanza 3+ aren't you?
Old 11-29-2010, 01:22 AM   #12
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You are using stanza 3+ aren't you?
Er...no. Stanza 1.7.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:32 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

that would be your problem
Old 11-29-2010, 01:56 AM   #14
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Ah. So it was. Working now. Thanks.