Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Order by book title, not file name?

I am using a Cybook Gen3 with the latest ePub reading firmware.

I have several ebooks which are in series, and would like to put them in a folder and order them as they occur in the series so that the first book in the series occurs at the top of the folder, then the second, and so on.

When I was using mobi I could do that by showing the title rather than the file name, and changing the file name so that the file names were in the order I wanted.

Is there a way of getting ePub books to appear in their order in the series, but showing their file names?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
If you update the firmware to 2.1, it should read correctly the metadata (you may need to delete auxiliary files first: .bin/.dat/.thn) and then it could sort by title. But I still haven't got it to work
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
If you update the firmware to 2.1, it should read correctly the metadata (you may need to delete auxiliary files first: .bin/.dat/.thn) and then it could sort by title. But I still haven't got it to work
Thanks again, Jellby. When you do get it to work please let us know how you did it.

Regards, Alex
Old 06-26-2010, 05:26 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See here.

You have to delete both .bin and .dat files (warning, the .dat file hold the current page, so either back the file up or write the page down somewhere). Then browse the folders with the Cybook, to have the .bin files re-created, and then you can copy the .dat files back.

I guess afterwards "sort by title" would work, but I don't really know, because my titles and filenames are the same, so it could be that my books are actually sorted by filename
Old 06-27-2010, 04:37 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
See here.

You have to delete both .bin and .dat files (warning, the .dat file hold the current page, so either back the file up or write the page down somewhere). Then browse the folders with the Cybook, to have the .bin files re-created, and then you can copy the .dat files back.

I guess afterwards "sort by title" would work, but I don't really know, because my titles and filenames are the same, so it could be that my books are actually sorted by filename
Thanks, Jellby. I'll give it a try.

On the other hand - I've just closed and reopened a book which I had just started reading. In the folder view it and the other books in the folder are now showing the title and the source as Title - source, which I'm sure wasn't happening before the new firmware.

I've look everywhere and I don't see a menu allowing me to choose how to sort/order the book.

Regards, Alex
Old 06-27-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I've look everywhere and I don't see a menu allowing me to choose how to sort/order the book.
In the library, you click the menu button (second from top in the left edge), and there are "sort" and "filter" entries.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:47 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
In the library, you click the menu button (second from top in the left edge), and there are "sort" and "filter" entries.
Thanks. I hadn't used my Cybook for a while, and had forgotten. I appreciate your patience and courtesy.

Regards, Alex