Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which book should we read in April?
Berserker by Steve Jordan 4 10.81%
Neptune Crossing by Jeffrey Carver 10 27.03%
Union of Renegades: The Rys Chronicles Book I by Tracy Falbe 6 16.22%
Hal Spacejock by Simon Haynes 5 13.51%
Tide Mill by Richard Herley 2 5.41%
The Penal Colony by Richard Herley 5 13.51%
The Moon and the Sun by Vonda McIntyre 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #31
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Neptune Crossing is the winner with 10 votes.

It's available at the following places:

Baen Free Library http://www.webscription.net/p-1005-n...onicles-i.aspx

Jeffrey A. Carver's website: http://starrigger.net/Downloads.htm

And here in our MobileRead library

Last edited by Fledchen; 03-29-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post

It's available at the following places:

Baen Free Library http://www.webscription.net/p-1005-n...onicles-i.aspx

Jeffrey A. Carver's website: http://starrigger.net/Downloads.htm

And here in our MobileRead library
And the copy in the MR library doesn't warrant a link?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #33
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And the copy in the MR library doesn't warrant a link?
Here are the MR links:
Carver, Jeffrey A.: Neptune Crossing, v. 1, 18 Jan. 2009
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If anyone has a 505 or a 700, I would like to suggest the ePub edition.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #35
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
Well, this is good news and bad news for me.

The good news, I am already currently reading this book.

The bad new, I am already currently reading this book. I was hoping that this vote would point me to my next "to read". Horrors, now I will have to decide on my own what to read next. Maybe the quarx will help me decide.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #36
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

The bad new, I am already currently reading this book. I was hoping that this vote would point me to my next "to read". Horrors, now I will have to decide on my own what to read next. Maybe the quarx will help me decide.

BOb
Or you could create a poll?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #37
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Or you could create a poll?

Or we could make him read the first Dresden Files books :giggle:
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

BOb
The next eBook for you to read (IMHO) is Strange Attractors by Jeffrey A. Carver.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #39
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The next eBook for you to read (IMHO) is Strange Attractors by Jeffrey A. Carver.
That has a high probability.

BOb
Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #40
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Or we could make him read the first Dresden Files books :giggle:
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #41
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
That has a high probability.

BOb
Problem solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Oh darn I was close.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #42
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Of the 4 volumes in the Neptune Crossing, I enjoyed the first 2 the most. The last volume "Sunborn" was a bit of a disappointment I must say.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #43
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot27 View Post
Of the 4 volumes in the Neptune Crossing, I enjoyed the first 2 the most. The last volume "Sunborn" was a bit of a disappointment I must say.
Ew... Jeffery is not going to be happy to hear that. He wrote Sunborn much later, and authors like to think they get better as time goes by.

BOb
Old 04-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #44
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
The first three books in the Chaos Chronicles were written between 1995 and 1997. Sunborn didn't appear until 2008. Perhaps Jeffrey has changed his writing style in the intervening 11 years.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mrbc