Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 03:17 AM   #616
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@halfcore

I've never answered this question before. To be completely honest, I've never tested it on PHP 5.2 and COPS was my first PHP project so I won't be able to help you a lot here

@evillevi

I'm happy it works as expected :P

@zitronenrollchen

I never checked but I assumed the API also existed with PHP.

I know there was a fork of COPS on Github which can access the public part of Dropbox (that way it's easier to install on shared PHP hosting). I'll maybe merge it as a first step.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:40 AM   #617
Shadowghost
Shadowghost began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
First: thanks for your great work!
I've installed it today and it worked fine - instantly
More comfortable as trying to start the calibre-server as a deamon with init.d-scripts, which wouldn't work ^^

But I have a question in mind:
Would it be sooner or later possible to secure your library with user-accounts or a simple LogIn-Page such as the Calibre-server it has?
Or is that already possible and I'm too stupid to find it?

Greetings from Germany, Shadowghost
Shadowghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #618
fatzgenfatz
fatzgenfatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowghost View Post
Would it be sooner or later possible to secure your library with user-accounts or a simple LogIn-Page such as the Calibre-server it has?
Or is that already possible and I'm too stupid to find it?
You can edit your .htaccess file (at the bottom) to enable username and password and use the login.html.

f.
fatzgenfatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #619
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzgenfatz View Post
You can edit your .htaccess file (at the bottom) to enable username and password and use the login.html.

f.
Thanks for answering the question.

I've started a FAQ on github : https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/FAQ

I don't know what else should be in it, so please don't hesitate to enhance it or ask question here.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #620
Kikkonet
Kikkonet began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
Hi everybody!

I installed COPS 0.5.0.1 on my Synology DS213j from the packet of SynoCommunity, but something seems to be wrong.

I followed the installation guide at https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/Howto---Synology.

When I try to point the web browser to the library address this is what i get:

COPS Configuration Check

You've been redirected because COPS is not configured properly

Database error

Check if GD is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if Sqlite is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if libxml is properly installed and loaded
OK
Check if Calibre database file exists and is readable
OK
Check if Calibre database file can be opened with PHP
OK
Check if Calibre database file contains at least some of the needed tables
OK

Now I don't know what to do.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.
Kikkonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #621
Shadowghost
Shadowghost began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks, fatzgenfatz, it worked fine for me.
I've created an .htaccess, .htpasswd and .htgroup and after a view experiments it all worked fine.
Now, it's the thing I wanted to have
Shadowghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:58 AM   #622
beethovenweb
beethovenweb began at the beginning.

Device: ANDROID
Hi everyone

I've been using cops for the past 2 month. Thanks to your work, I am not tied to USB transfer anymore !

However, I still can't access the search feature from my android device with Moonreader. Browsing the OPDS catalog is fine on the other hand. Tried with FBreader (the other non compliant) and it doesn't work either.

My setup :
- Synology ds412+
- COPS in web and data in a dedicated share
- check config is all green
- added the $config['cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream'] = "1"; in local config and the $config['cops_full_url'] = 'http://192.168.0.10/cops/';
- access the OPDS via http://192.168.0.10/cops/ (and tried also /feed.php)

Could you tell me what's wrong with my setup ?

Many thanks in advance.
beethovenweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #623
vlad59
Addict

@Kikkonet

Could you try again the index.php page after rebooting your NAS. I've already had strange reports about the need to reboot the webserver to make it work.

@beethovenweb

First I should have updated config_default.php, FBReaderJ is now fully compliant to Opensearch. So no need to enable dirty hacks for this software.

With FBReaderJ, could you try to reload the catalog (top right).

Could you also test with cops-demo.slucas.fr/feed.php
Old 09-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #624
Kikkonet
Kikkonet began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
@vlad59

Perfect! As you suggest, after rebooting my NAS the index page is visible and... wonderful!!!
Thanks for your great job!
Kikkonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #625
vlad59
Addict

Translaters wanted

@all

I've updated the way translations are handled in COPS, it should be easier to update. As a reminder COPS support these languages :
* English,
* French,
* Dutch,
* German,
* Russian,
* Spanish,
* Catalan,
* Italian,
* Norwegian Bokmål,
* Chinese,
* Portuguese.

I maintain English and French.
Dutch, Italian and Portuguese were updated some weeks ago.

But some languages files are in pretty bad shape (50% of the translated strings are missing) :
* Catalan,
* German : fixed by Glimm,
* Spanish,
* Russian.

I've set up a Wiki page to explain how to update the translations files : https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wik...e-translations

So if you're willing to contribute and help updating COPS translation in your language, please post here the translation file you're updating or creating to avoid that two people work on the same file.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vlad59; 09-30-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #626
glimm
glimm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@all

I've updated the way translations are handled in COPS, it should be easier to update. As a reminder COPS support these languages :
* English,
* French,
* Dutch,
* German,
* Russian,
* Spanish,
* Catalan,
* Italian,
* Norwegian Bokmål,
* Chinese,
* Portuguese.

I maintain English and French.
Dutch, Italian and Portuguese were updated some weeks ago.

But some languages files are in pretty bad shape (50% of the translated strings are missing) :
* Catalan,
* German,
* Spanish,
* Russian.

I've set up a Wiki page to explain how to update the translations files : https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wik...e-translations

So if you're willing to contribute and help updating COPS translation in your language, please post here the translation file you're updating or creating to avoid that two people work on the same file.

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

Here is an updated version of the german translation. It's not complete yet. I have to translate the names of the most languages at the end of the file.

One question, when does the following string appear?
...index of absolutely no ...
I didn't found a meaningful translation for this.

glimm
Attached Files
File Type: txt Localization_de.json.txt (9.1 KB, 163 views)
glimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:14 AM   #627
SirMossi
SirMossi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Hello,

I've setup the php server for my calibre library but I have a problem with the opds search:
I did not get any results from search using Moon+ Reader
the apache access log says the following:
Code:
87.138.86.47 - - [30/Sep/2013:07:11:29 +0000] "GET /stanza/search/winter HTTP/1.1" 404 550
Did I something wrong in my configuration?
SirMossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #628
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by glimm View Post
One question, when does the following string appear?
...index of absolutely no ...

I didn't found a meaningful translation for this.
Neither did I when I translated into Dutch. This is because COPS does not show "empty" results.

I would "translate" it in something like "Absolut leerer Alphabetischer Index der ......".

(Sie haben Recht, es ist überhaupt nicht richtig zu übersetzen)
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:16 AM   #629
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Neither did I when I translated into Dutch. This is because COPS does not show "empty" results.

I would "translate" it in something like "Absolut leerer Alphabetischer Index der ......".

(Sie haben Recht, es ist überhaupt nicht richtig zu übersetzen)
Exactly, I use an automatic way to translate strings which handle plurals. On the plus side they're handled when it's needed on the minus side the strings are here even if I've decided to avoid showing empty results.

@Glimm

Thanks for the updated translation file. Don't bother to translate all the languages.

It's committed.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #630
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMossi View Post
Hello,

I've setup the php server for my calibre library but I have a problem with the opds search:
I did not get any results from search using Moon+ Reader
the apache access log says the following:
Code:
87.138.86.47 - - [30/Sep/2013:07:11:29 +0000] "GET /stanza/search/winter HTTP/1.1" 404 550
Did I something wrong in my configuration?
Moon+ Reader does not use Opensearch correctly so you'll have to add
Code:
$config['cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream'] = "0";
to your config_local.php

Or you could use a compliant OPDS client like Aldiko, Mantano, FBReaderJ

Last edited by vlad59; 09-30-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology