Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 05:28 AM   #136
gat
gat began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR800sg
Thanks to all who put in the effort to get this all working. Great improvements.

I had problems because windows left a '.bin' at the end of the 'out' file when i renamed it to uds.dr1000, and it was a hidden 'known' file type. When i removed the .bin suffix, worked perfect.

Thanks,
gat
gat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #137
nocase
nocase began at the beginning.

Device: irex 800
dr1000-0629 is missing on the irex site

Hello,

I wanted to try your update. I tried to download the dr1000 file you recommend, but it is not there. Can you tell me which file is the right one?

On that website I see

installation_notes-dr1000.txt 08-Sep-2010 10:25
update-dr1000s-beta.zip 30-Jun-2010 11:03
update-dr1000s-beta2.zip 30-Jun-2010 11:03
update-dr1000s-rc1.zip 30-Jun-2010 10:46
update-dr1000s-rc2.zip 30-Jun-2010 10:46
update-dr1000s-rc3.zip 30-Jun-2010 10:27
user_manual-dr1000s-en.zip 10-Jun-2010 14:10

which is the right one?

Thanks
nocase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #138
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
update-dr1000s-rc3.zip 30-Jun-2010 10:27 please.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #139
nocase
nocase began at the beginning.

Device: irex 800
Hello,

I would just like to thank the developers for this upgrade! it is excellent. I followed the instructions and everything works.

I especially like the tabs on the side for multiple documents as well as the "jump to previous" for pdf docs (I like to jump around a lot in pdfs, cumbersome on these things - until now!).

I read the dr1000 manual (since a lot of these features are there) and I had two questions.

1) Is there a way to put a "jump to previous" shortcut at the bottom of the page with the other shortcuts?

2) is there a way to change the document I am viewing (i.e. change tabs) without the stylus?

Thanks again!
nocase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #140
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocase View Post
Hello,

I would just like to thank the developers for this upgrade! it is excellent. I followed the instructions and everything works.

I especially like the tabs on the side for multiple documents as well as the "jump to previous" for pdf docs (I like to jump around a lot in pdfs, cumbersome on these things - until now!).

I read the dr1000 manual (since a lot of these features are there) and I had two questions.

1) Is there a way to put a "jump to previous" shortcut at the bottom of the page with the other shortcuts?

2) is there a way to change the document I am viewing (i.e. change tabs) without the stylus?

Thanks again!
Hi,

1) We'd need to change the current code.
As DR800 is smaller than DR1000 there is no much horizontal place to put more icons, so we'd need to remove another... I think the current icons are the more useful ones

2) no

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #141
brigader
Enthusiast
brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Max,irex 800s
Smile Thanks... question about cover thumbnails

Hi
Thanks for all the help on here, I am now running dr800+ and its looks cool. I particularly like the suspend feature (I was always worried that at some stage i would wear out the on/off switch)
Just one question, i have lost my thumbnails, i see now i have to open each file to restore them, is there a patch out there that would do this for me ;-)
I had the thubnails generation enabled, but when it was indexing i got some error message and it stopped), i then deleted and restored my book folder, but i can open each file and then the thumbnail appears. And to be fair, i have had this happen before the dr800+ upgrade. It would be nice if there was a patch out there that would save me from opening all my books! ;-)

I think the upgrade looks great so far, I will continue to play with it...
I also used winace on windows7, and had to resort to 7zip to unzip the files in the correct format ;-) but got it working ;-)

One last thing, i notice now i have nothing in the system folder, its looks all to be working and i have the dr800+ in the programs folder.

anyway, thanks for working on this... looks good so far.

Paul
brigader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #142
brigader
Enthusiast
brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ha, Also this is strange, i re ran the programs/dr800+ program, as I thought i would try and re-index the files that way , however its booted, but it has booted back to the old ir800 settings, i did a reset device settings...
Anyways, now I will have to wait until i get home to look into this, at least i can still read my books, but guess what... I am already missing the new menus (so thats a good sign i like the new menus!! ;-) )
Weird though that it has rebooted with the old code, as there was nothing left in the system directory before, i am sure of that... oh well, i will check when i get home....
regards
Paul
Old 02-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #143
brigader
Enthusiast

i can not put this down ;-) i found my cable, plugged it in, and deleted the dr file in the system folder, and re ran dr800+, all back and working again..(he he don't do a system reset, else it looks like it runs the original dr800 file rather than the dr800+)
i can confirm all that remains is the dr.ini file in the system folder.

Anyways, happy chappy, just now reall need to understand how the indexing works.

have a good day.
regards
Paul
Old 02-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #144
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Hi, brigader,

When you install DR800+ it keeps a backup of original binaries so if you click on DR800+ installer a second time, it will delete DR800+ enhancements and restore original firmware files.

On the other hand, I have the same problem with thumbnails generation. I think it's not related to DR800+ because it also happened to me before DR800+ existed.
My guess is that the thumbnail indexer breaks at some time so it stops working. I haven't found any solution by now.

Iņigo
Old 02-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #145
brigader
Enthusiast

Thanks Inigo

Thanks for the reply, it's great to have the new menus... I will try and looking into the indexing at some point, but yes i agree i have had this issue before the dr800+...

Keep up the good work, ..... whens the next update ;-)

I would love a PDF to fill the whole screen in landscape mode automatically with out zooming..
(I mainly read technical cisco manuals in PDF format)

regards

Paul

Last edited by brigader; 02-15-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #146
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigader View Post
I would love a PDF to fill the whole screen in landscape mode automatically with out zooming..
The program which shows pdf and epub files is called UDS, but sadly enough this is one of the few programs that are not open source, so we can't do it.

Iņigo
Old 06-18-2011, 06:17 AM   #147
Iņigo
Guru

DR800+ is almost ready for a new release.
Not many changes (you can see them at [1]), but as I could modify some previous default settings I'm asking here about your opinion.

Some time ago I've added Mackx's (or DR1000, cant' remember now) option to show running tasks on the menu. I also recently added a new menu item to toggle taskbar visibility.
Thus, I'm considering to make taskbar hidden by default (you can always show it selecting on the menu), as we can make more horizontal room and we can switch tasks from the menu.

I don't like the idea to create a settings/configuration program just for this, too much work for a tiny feature.

What do you think should be the default?

Iņigo

[1] https://bitbucket.org/inigoserna/dr800/changesets
Old 06-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #148
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
You can add the default value to gconf so it can be changed by modifying the settings in dr.ini manually? (Anyone with a lot of time can then create a settings-dialog for it afterwards. ;-)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #149
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
You can add the default value to gconf so it can be changed by modifying the settings in dr.ini manually? (Anyone with a lot of time can then create a settings-dialog for it afterwards. ;-)
Thanks, good idea.
In fact I'd started to implement the hack to avoid running indexer in each reboot that we have been talking in other thread... and I needed a way to change the setting ;-)
Old 06-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #150
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I've implemented the functionality, but there is one small issue.
I've added the new schema to gconf (key "/apps/dr800plus/show_taskbar" and value is a boolean).
I can read the proper value from the program using gconf_client_* API.
And if I change the value with
Code:
gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/dr800plus/show_taskbar "true"
or "false" the program reads the correct new value.

But if I change the System/dr.ini value and reboot, value in gconf db is not updated and shows the old value.

Btw,
Code:
erconftool -e /apps/dr800plus
writes the correct value from gconf DB to System/dr.ini

I thought edited values from System/dr.ini were saved to gconf db, as a way to allow user customization.

Am I missing something? Any idea?

EDIT:
a guess: maybe than sync only happens for "/apps/er/*" keys?

EDIT2:
my guess was correct, only keys "/apps/er/*" are sync-ed. And it needs a complete reboot to sync indeed, a "/etc/init.d/xserver-nodm restart" is not enough

Last edited by Iņigo; 06-20-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Tags
dr800+