Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
eBooks only available in certain countries!?

Ok... so this is frustrating.
I have the second book of a series i was able to buy through the Kobo store fine, but i couldn't find the first one.
Anyway, i managed to find it on ebook.com but i can't buy it because it can only be sold in the US!!
What the hell!? Isn't the point of going with an ereader being able to access many books you previously couldn't?

I'm really quite frustrated and even, dare i say, upset by this!
I can't get a full series of books (that i pay for!) on my ereader due to some country restriction.
It makes little sense to me.

digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
That's the way she goes, unfortunately. You can try to use an IP blocker, you can try to use a fake US address for your credit card billing address, or you can try and buy the book somewhere else. It sucks.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #3
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
I could use an IP blocker, but my VISA would have a fit if i tried to use a different address in a different country.
I've looked for the book elsewhere but can't find it.

I always pay for my stuff, but i can see how this sort of thing would encourage piracy.
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
You could try buying a gift card to the store you're trying to shop at, then use that to pay for the book.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote