Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
hansvanderveeke
hansvanderveeke began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
Music player

The player is a bonus on the device, but is there some way to have the audio files sorted on album?
It now just sorts by title or by artist and I would like to play certain albums I put on there. It would make this gadget much more usefull.

Thanks.

Hans
hansvanderveeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Hopefully someone else will have figured it out. I haven't. The music player feature is pretty crippled, IMO.
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansvanderveeke View Post
The player is a bonus on the device, but is there some way to have the audio files sorted on album?
It now just sorts by title or by artist and I would like to play certain albums I put on there. It would make this gadget much more usefull.

Thanks.

Hans
Are all your files tagged properly? Download mp3 Tag to verify, or cleanup, the tags and then check on your 600.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
As far as I know, the music player only plays songs in alphanumeric order. One thing you could try is to rename the tracks as follows (including the ID3 tag) to get them to play by album and in the proper order:

[Album Name] - [Track Number] - [Song Name]

As mentioned by chainring, MP3Tag can do this for you. I've used the program and it does a very good job of tagging your MP3 files.

Due to the limited nature of the player and the impact it has on my reader's battery life, I prefer to use my audio player for listening to music. Not only is my audio player much more usable and feature rich than my ebook reader, but the battery life is much longer (more than 30 hours for audio).
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote