Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Calibre errors on one PC, not another

I use Calibre at home and at work. Recently, I've been getting errors on my work PC. I have uninstalled Calibre and reinstalled (latest version each time) but the errors continue. Even with a complete uninstall, the books in the library still show up upon launch - maybe I need to delete (or add) some folders manually? Also, Calbre does not detect the SIM card (work PC only).

Here is the first error I get.

Job: **Get list of books on device**
**IOError**: (2, 'No such file or directory')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 20, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 122, in _books
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 327, in books
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'G:\\database/cache/media.xml'

It looks like G: is the Sony Reader. When I check the Reader itself, I find this - G:\Sony Reader\database\cache.xml (no media file).

When I send a book to the reader, here is the error I get. The book DOES go to the reader, however.

'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'
Detailed traceback:
File "calibre\gui2\__init__.pyo", line 153, in dispatch
File "main.py", line 754, in books_uploaded
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 153, in add_books_to_metadata
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 442, in add_books_to_metadata
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'

What should I change, add, delete?

As for the SIM card, I have removed it and reinserted it while in Calibre but it still doesn't show up.

As always, thanks for all your help and hard work!
Katelyn

Last edited by Katelyn; 02-25-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Copy a simple .txt file to your SIM card, then put it into your reader and wait until the txt file shows up in your list of books on the reader. if it doesn't, then there is something wrong with the SIM card. Once it does, try connecting to calibre and you should be fine.

Note that uninstalls dont delete your library and your calibre settings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
I dropped a txt file in several places since I'm not sure where it should be placed but nothing shows up in calibre. The SIM card works fine on the home PC, just not at work. Also, I forgot to mention that I can see the icon for my reader when I use my USB cable but I can't actually see anything on the reader (I don't mean the SIM card) once I click the icon. No books show up.

Any idea what I can do to fix the issues mentioned here and above? No so concerned about the SIM card since I rarely use it but I'd like get calibre working correctly again on this PC is possible.
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Broken USB port?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Both the issues you mentioned are related to USB communication. Fix that and calibr should work fine.
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
pjburgundy
pjburgundy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Similar problem

I'm having a similar problem in Calibre (0.050. My computer at work is running Windows 2000, could that be the problem? I am able to see the eReader through explorer, but cannot access it through Calibre, other than as a disc drive, which works. When I plug it in, I get the following error:
**Traceback**:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'I:\\database/cache/media.xml'

When I try to send books to the device, I get this error:
'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'
Detailed traceback:
File "calibre\gui2\__init__.pyo", line 153, in dispatch
File "main.py", line 753, in books_uploaded
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 153, in add_books_to_metadata
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 442, in add_books_to_metadata
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
pjburgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Using windows explorer create the folders

i:\database\cache
Old 03-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
pjburgundy

Thanks for responding!

I created the folder, and got the same error, except that last line indicated that the file media.xml was missing:

**Traceback**:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'I:\\database/cache/media.xml'

Trying to be clever, I copied the media.xml and two other files from the device's sony reader \\database/cache folder to the newly created I drive database/cache folder (the I drive is the removable SD media, the F drive the sony reader's memory). However, then I got this error:

Job: **Send metadata to device**
**IOError**: (13, 'Permission denied')
**Traceback**:
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 132, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 462, in sync_booklists
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'I:\\database/cache/media.xml'

To clarify, calibre recognizes the Sony Reader PRS700, but then gives that error and when I click on the Reader Icon, it doesn't list any books.

Oddly enough, when I remove the SD card, calibre doesn't recognize the device at all. (I quit out of calibre, stopped the device, unplugged the SD card, removed the ereader, plugged in the device (it shows up on explorer), then restarted calibre.)

Thanks again so much for your help!!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

delete the media.xml file unplug the reader. Wait till it shows youa list of books and the reconnect it. Is the media.xml file now present?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #10
pjburgundy

Thanks again for responding. It does recreate the media.xml file on the reader. However, it does not create one in the SD's memory. The same thing also happens where it does not recognize the device unless the SD card is in, and then gives that error.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

try a different SD card
Old 04-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
pjburgundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
try a different SD card
Thanks again for getting back to me. I [finally] bought a new SD card. Same problem! Just to remind--it works fine on the home computer!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #13
pjburgundy

just checking back, hoping someone might have found a solution!