Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #76
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
61. dot all the ts and cross all the is
And don't forget to fill in all the Os and 0s.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:36 PM   #77
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well naturally ; it's far too dark in there. outside of a dog, however... well actually i think they still can't read.
Kangaroos are remarkably stupid, not to mention prone to violence, always a delightful combination, especially when you're crossing through a mob with a freshly-bought loaf of bread (Been there, done that...most of the loaf survived, as did I). A recent blog-post from someone whose blog I subscribe to, who is much funnier than I think she realises (and who lives just down the road from me, about 1.5 hours south, as is the mentioned "Currumbin") states:

"I touched a kangaroo, it twitched violently, and I almost crapped myself thinking that it was going to beat the crap out of me."
(http://rightafterthis.blogspot.com/2...-wildlife.html)

The Australian approach to nature - touch it and see if it fights back. Crikey!

Cheers,
Marc (I hope they can't read, or I could end up with a mob with 'tude in my driveway)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
65. shred them and use the shredded books as confetti
66. Give them to a homeless person who can the build shelter
67. Donate them to the poor (those without a reader)
68. Donate them to Gen3 owners so they know what it's like to be able to turn pages
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #79
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
68. Donate them to Gen3 owners so they know what it's like to be able to turn pages
Now Jon, Gen3 owners can turn pages, they just don't always know what page they are on.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #80
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

"I touched a kangaroo, it twitched violently, and I almost crapped myself thinking that it was going to beat the crap out of me."
(http://rightafterthis.blogspot.com/2...-wildlife.html)

The Australian approach to nature - touch it and see if it fights back. Crikey!

Cheers,
Marc (I hope they can't read, or I could end up with a mob with 'tude in my driveway)
They can't read but I can read to them. My friend will be at your home shortly (revenge for calling the Kindle Ugy). They have a nasty kick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k1.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	15220   Click image for larger version

Name:	k2.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	15221  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #81
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
They can't read but I can read to them. My friend will be at your home shortly (revenge for calling the Kindle Ugy).

Quote:
They have a nasty kick.
I know, and I can attest to the innate testicular-retraction abilities of the human body when they do so, so the threat is duly noted and respected.

You have to admit though, it is ugy.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #82
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Ugly is not the word I would use; but, this is a g rated site so I will refrain. Which brings us to:

#69. Give them to people with Kindles so they have something attractive to look at and read.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #83
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
70) Paper weight
71) Stand for an electronic reader (Stephen King's "The Stand" works the best)
72) Tie a string to them and fish for bookworms in front of the library
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #84
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
73. Gives them to Kindle & Gen3 owners so they get actual working page numbers
74. Throws them at book publisher yelling "It would not hurt as much if this was an eBook!"
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #85
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
75. Build a kite from the pages.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #86
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Ugly is not the word I would use; but, this is a g rated site so I will refrain.
"Ugy" is the word I use. The gods know I don't want to upset the Kindle crowd (which is why further down the thread, I append my signature statement with "...and I want one").

Funny coincidence how you got soixante-neuf, hey, Good Professor Wood?

Quote:
Which brings us to:

#69. Give them to people with Kindles so they have something attractive to look at and read.
76. Riffling through with your thumb so as to blow cool, kind of papery-smelling, air on your face on a hot day.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #87
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
71) Stand for an electronic reader (Stephen King's "The Stand" works the best)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #88
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
77. Make into pinwheels.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #89
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
77. Make into pinwheels.
best idea so far !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #90
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
How did it take us so long?

http://www.bhg.com/crafts/weddings/c...heels-project/
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, duck!, unutterable silliness