Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
pathfinderca
Connoisseur
pathfinderca began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V.2
Just came across this web site

Are those ebookman ebook readers?

http://www.ectaco.com/eBook-PDA-Dictionaries-items/
pathfinderca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:26 AM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinderca View Post
Are those ebookman ebook readers?

http://www.ectaco.com/eBook-PDA-Dictionaries-items/
Actually, it's an M218B that's been given the Ectaco brand of Jetbook. It *is* and ebook reader but it is *NOT* an e-ink reader. It uses standard 5.x" VGA grayscale displays not the e-ink EPD display technology.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 03:30 AM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
The second item on that page is a Franklin "e-bookman". It is an e-reader that will read mobi-pocket files, but like the Ectacto it is NOT an e-ink reader. These are actually quite a few years old. I believe the version the latest version of mobi-pocket that works on them is 4.2.

I had (actually still have) one of these. It's now sitting in a desk drawer gathering dust. Haven't used it in a couple years at least. I did use mine a bit when I first got it, but actually found reading on my Sony Clie (Palm PDA) much better than reading on the e-bookman.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
The second item on that page is a Franklin "e-bookman". It is an e-reader that will read mobi-pocket files, but like the Ectacto it is NOT an e-ink reader. These are actually quite a few years old. I believe the version the latest version of mobi-pocket that works on them is 4.2.

I had (actually still have) one of these. It's now sitting in a desk drawer gathering dust. Haven't used it in a couple years at least. I did use mine a bit when I first got it, but actually found reading on my Sony Clie (Palm PDA) much better than reading on the e-bookman.

dordale
OOPS! Didn't look far enough down!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote