Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
djprescott
Enthusiast
djprescott began at the beginning.

Device: None
Calibre removes pages breaks from mobi

Hello all

Just wondering if anyone could offer me some advice or guidance on a problem I'm having with Calibre.

I am creating a .mobi file directly from Adobe InDesign. It works fine on my device. I then explode this is Calibre so that I can alter the css. When I rebuild the .mobi file, the page breaks have been automatically removed and the whole document runs on in single flow.

Does anyone know why this is, or how I can avoid it?

Many thanks in advance.
Dan
djprescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Is this an azw3 (or KF8) file or an old-style mobi. If the latter, have you tried viewing it on an actual Kindle to be sure the page breaks aren't there?

If you view a mobi in the standard calibre ebook viewer a quick conversion to epub is done before display and pagebreaks aren't visible, but it doesn't mean they are not there.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Take the InDesign document, make it into an ePub, fix it up as need be from there and use that as the source to generate the Mobi. It will work a lot better and you'll also have an ePub tat you can use to make a KF8 & Mobi from.

ePub is a lot easier to edit then the insides of a Mobi file.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote