Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
I would almost bet, that no mater where/what or why something is stored on the web, it is not truly safe at all ...
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realize nothing stored on the web is entirely safe. I'm just wondering if it's possible to avoid Amazon's servers by going through Calibre Content Server or Dropbox, etc. -- and if so, will that keep your private stuff out of Amazon's reach?
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #17
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane12 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realize nothing stored on the web is entirely safe. I'm just wondering if it's possible to avoid Amazon's servers by going through Calibre Content Server or Dropbox, etc. -- and if so, will that keep your private stuff out of Amazon's reach?
It probably would be safe, until you put that content on your kindle. Then all bets are off on how deep they can see what you have loaded on it, if they so desired to do so.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle, privacy