Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #706
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by linter View Post
so hold on let me get this straight: if i have a paperwhite v2 with 5.4, i can't use Collections Manager at all?
Yes. At least not at this time. I don't know if it will be supported. As I wrote above, I will look into it once I get a PW2.

Quote:
is there an alternative that i can use?
Not that I know of.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #707
linter
linter began at the beginning.

Device: craig
okay, thanks for the info. here's to hoping you get a pw2 soon!
linter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #708
manwoodsal
manwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle PW2 Kindle Keyboard
I have tried to run this on the pw2 even with the jailbreak. I get a message. This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer.
manwoodsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #709
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
KUAL. prerequisites bundle to fix that. Top sticky in the forum. go hunt it down,,,

of course since the author says here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=706 what he says... YMMV.

As in. even with that fixed, it will only do what Ixtab says. and at the point that appears to be "nothing."
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #710
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
As someone who is hoping for a pw2 on xmas morning, I was disappointed that the Kindle Collections plugin would not longer work with the pw2. Than I was delighted to find the Collections Manager kindler that will manage collections on the kindle.

Still, after reading some of the thread (I haven't read all 48 pages) I find myself confused about the work flow. At first I thought it would be 1) sync books on to kindle with Calibre and 2) create collections with CM. But I have seen references to Calibre putting collections on the pw2?

Could you outline the workflow of using Calibre and CM? Does the KC plugin have any place in the process. It's just not clear to me.

BTW, I have been using the custom column to organize and create on collections with Calibre and the KC plugin.

If anyone had any other tips for someone who will be moving from a K2 (keyboard) to the PW2, I'd like to read them.

Thanx.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #711
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jangell2: As mentioned in the KC thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Requirements:
  • Kindle Touch: Firmware 5.1.0 - 5.3.7
  • Kindle Paperwhite: Firmware 5.2.0 - 5.3.9
You're out of luck on the PW2.

If it were to support the PW2, the workflow with KC is exactly the same as with older devices, just follow what the KC popup tells you to. (Hint: instead of rebooting or waiting for a framework restart on unplug, it's "do an import in CM", which would make more sense to you if you could actually use CM ).

While the KC plugin works in tandem with CM on these devices, CM can be used standalone.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-09-2013 at 04:54 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #712
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
In theory if you are using the same books on both the K2 and the PW2 you could put them all into collections on the K2, then syncronise the K2 with amazon (connect it to the wireless and let it update the settings on the server), then sideload/download the books onto the PW2.
N.B. you have to have the books on the device BEFORE doing the final stage!!
Final stage is:
From the home screen, click Cloud - Menu button - Import Collections
Then select the K2.

I have personally done this to copy the collections from my Touch to my PW and then from my PW to my PW2 and it worked with both downloaded and sideloaded books.

I am sorry if this doesn't work on the K2 but am unable to test as I don't have one, I have however successfully done this with the above devices.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #713
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Akirainblack: That might be the first time I actually heard someone say good (and most importantly, useful) things about the Cloud Collections thingy .
Old 12-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #714
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@jangell2: As mentioned in the KC thread:

You're out of luck on the PW2.

If it were to support the PW2, the workflow with KC is exactly the same as with older devices, just follow what the KC popup tells you to. (Hint: instead of rebooting or waiting for a framework restart on unplug, it's "do an import in CM", which would make more sense to you if you could actually use CM ).

While the KC plugin works in tandem with CM on these devices, CM can be used standalone.
I can't use KC Plugin or the CM Kindlet on the PW2 at all? I got the impression I could from this post by you on the plugin thread:

Quote:
@jangell2: The plugin works in tandem with the CM Kindlet for Kindle devices running FW 5.x (Touch/PW1/PW2).

So, while making the plugin support the PW2 is trivial, it doesn't actually help at all unless you also have a working CM Kindlet .

Last edited by jangell2; 12-10-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #715
NiLuJe
BLAM!

KC Plugin != CM Kindlet.

I simply mentioned the fact, that, yes, the PW2 runs on FW 5.x, like the Touch & PW1.
That in no way means that CM will magically work on a brand new device/FW version.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #716
jangell2
Addict

It's my misunderstanding. So that means neither CM or KC run on PW2. Do you have any idea on how easy or hard it is to manage collections using the native PW2 software?
Old 12-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #717
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Like I said, the plugin is trivial to update (my local copy is in fact up to date), but it's useless on its own on these devices.

As for the original question: painful.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #718
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
@NiLuJe well if you can find a use for it (which I reckon I have there) there must be something positive to say.
It saved me hours creating collections and moving my books into them.
Without CM it's the quickest way to do it and whilst I'd love CM to work I don't have the know how to make it work so I made the best of a bad situation.

Last edited by Akirainblack; 12-11-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #719
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Just to quickly chime in: I'm still waiting for my PW2 to arrive; once it's here, I will take a look at it to see if CM can support FW 5.4.x, but obviously I can't promise anything.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #720
chipf0rk
chipf0rk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd gen)
Jeez, was that thing sold out? Since when are Amazon so slow?

Can't wait to use this!
chipf0rk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks