Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
History
Enthusiast
History began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Unable to download epub from kobo store

This is my first raal purchase from kobo store.
Bought a book from kobo store, installed kobo desktop and put the new book to my kobo wifi with no problem.
However, after installed ADE and tried to download the epub file a dozen times (in two different computers) but keep getting the error 2308 (network error). I tried to download a free (with kobo DRM) book from ADE and it got through OK.
Is this a normal expected behaviour of DRM or I or kobo store did something wrong.
btw I did spend nearly an hour reading store terms condition and wiki about DRM but I still do not sure.

Thank you very much for your input
History is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
I have a similar problem. My Kobo book only down loads in ADE. See post with that title a few down from yours. I've had 110 views but not suggestions about what the problem is. I've never had to use ADE for a Kobo book before.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does this help ? http://forums.adobe.com/message/1232047
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Another possibility - what browser are you using? Sometimes I can't download via ADE in Firefox - can't work out why, because it doesn't happen with all books - but the same book will download without any problem in IE.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Remember... the ACSM file downloads via the browser; the actual DRM'ed ePub downloads within ADE.
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
History
Enthusiast
History began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Thanks Peter, I allowed too little storage for flash ... I increased it and problem sloved
History is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Wonderful