Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 02:17 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
sony prs650 - delete existing before overwrite

I observe that if I "send to device" a book that is already on the Sony & which has notes/bookmarks , then corruption occurs - specifically, trying to open that re-sent book can give invalid page error.

I suspect this happens only where notes also exist, as book & notes become out of sync if the resent book has been edited since the previous send. ( & as I use notes mostly to flag typos for correction on PC this is usually the case).

so it would be helpful if calibre either auto-deleted before re-sending or warned that a copy already existed.

I don't know is this issue is specific to Sony readers or to one specific Sony reader, or if it has ever been discussd before.

The obvious work-around - why I try to always do, is to delete book from reader ( which also deletes notes/bookmarks) before sending any updated version ), but has an alto-delte or warning ever been previously discussed ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote