Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
makaza
makaza began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Sharing part of library using Calibre Server

Firstly, many thanks to Kovid and the rest of you for a wonderful piece of software - it puts the like of Sony to shame.

If I want share only part of my existing library using the calibre server do I need to set up a duplicate library and delete the books that I don't wish to share or is there a better way?

Any thoughts?
Anzhelika
makaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaza View Post
If I want share only part of my existing library using the calibre server do I need to set up a duplicate library and delete the books that I don't wish to share or is there a better way?
In the preference section for the content server you can restrict what is served based off a saved search.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #3
makaza

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

My difficulty is with using the saved search method is I cant exclude the specific books I wish to - ie they dont really have anything in common. I guess I could give the books I dont wish to share a common tag - if I do this is it possible to do a search to include all books other then those with a specific tag - what would be the format for such a search?
Regards
Anzhelika
Old 07-28-2011, 06:14 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaza View Post
I guess I could give the books I dont wish to share a common tag - if I do this is it possible to do a search to include all books other then those with a specific tag - what would be the format for such a search?
Sounds like a plan. Change exclude to whatever tag you chose to exclude in the search bar then save the search.

not tags:"=exclude"
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
makaza

dwanthny,

Thats brilliant!

I really appreciate your help
Anzhelika
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Or add a custom column called something like Share. The with a check are shared, those without are not.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #7
makaza

Pinecone,
Good idea, I'll give it a try.
Thankyou
Anzhelika