Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #346
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Whenever I get these hanging problems with Coolreader, I just delete the whole /mnt/ext1/system/state/cr3 directory (when CR isn't running), and that usually fixes it. This usually happens after upgrading CR; maybe the old cache files aren't compatible with the new application?

N.B. This will erase the remembered positions in everything being read with CR, though.

Last edited by rkomar; 08-21-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Added nota bene
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #347
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
No, this must have other resasons, I never experienced similar behaviour with such files.

Have you tried re-converting this special cases?
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #348
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
No, this must have other resasons, I never experienced similar behaviour with such files.

Have you tried re-converting this special cases?
I have tried re-cleaning the original file, but with no effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar
Whenever I get these hanging problems with Coolreader, I just delete the whole /mnt/ext1/system/state/cr3 directory (when CR isn't running), and that usually fixes it. This usually happens after upgrading CR; maybe the old cache files aren't compatible with the new application?

N.B. This will erase the remembered positions in everything being read with CR, though.
I tried cleaning the cache, no effect. But I'll try your more drastic approach, and save the files in there anyway: these are text files after all, so I should be able to "merge" them afterwards if the system of recording notes has changed between versions. I am pretty sure this did not happen following an update, but of course memory palys tricks!

Thanks for your suggestinos, I'll try them out and let you know.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #349
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Whenever I get these hanging problems with Coolreader, I just delete the whole /mnt/ext1/system/state/cr3 directory (when CR isn't running)
no luck - must be something in teh code of the book. oh well, I'll use something else to read these two books.
Thank you guys!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #350
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, it looks like system/state/cr3/.cr3hist is just text XML code. You could try explicitly doing "Save history and bookmarks" in the CR main menu (Long OK press) while you have your book open, and then looking at the contents of the XML file to see if anything stands out as a problem. Maybe it'll give you a clue as to why it doesn't work.
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #351
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
no luck - must be something in teh code of the book. oh well, I'll use something else to read these two books.
Thank you guys!
Have a look at this, maybe it helps
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #352
paola
Wizard

guys, thanks again, I'll let you know if I manage to solve the problem (or at least understand what causes it).
Old 09-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #353
einpoklum
einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PocketBook 912
I downloaded coolreader from the latest link on this thread; the user guide is in Russian only if I'm not mistaken, and the Wiki page linked to from the beginning of the thread is empty. How does one invoke coolreader? Is it only by changing extensions.cfg ? No direct way?

Also, can I get the script files and the example extensions.cfg from someplace other than narod.ru? I can't get past their annoying scripts and ads.

Last edited by einpoklum; 09-06-2012 at 01:41 PM.
einpoklum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #354
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by einpoklum View Post
I downloaded coolreader from the latest link on this thread; the user guide is in Russian only if I'm not mistaken, and the Wiki page linked to from the beginning of the thread is empty. How does one invoke coolreader? Is it only by changing extensions.cfg ? No direct way?

Also, can I get the script files and the example extensions.cfg from someplace other than narod.ru? I can't get past their annoying scripts and ads.
yes, as far as I am aware there is no guide in English. In order to open an epub file with coolreader you simply modify the cfg file. For the rest, it is pretty immediate - with a short press of the ok button you invoke the context menu and from there you can go into the settings. With a long press you get another menu (which among other things shows you the key mapping). Highlighting is really nice with coolreader, and you can customise reading in many ways.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #355
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by einpoklum View Post
You should really be creating your own extensions.cfg file based on what additional software you have installed. Only add lines for stuff you changed (e.g. coolreader). The rest will be figured out from the default system cfg file. Using someone else's file can be a problem if you don't have the same new applications installed on your reader.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #356
Brogster
Brogster began at the beginning.

Device: PB 902
I am not sure if this has been asked before, but on some epubs CoolReader seems to only read the cover-image-page. It says the book has only one page and there's no text to read. Anyone know how to fix this?
Brogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #357
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
A known bug. Unzip those epubs, see if they contain files with stupid file names, like multiple blanks. CR has some (URI?) encoding problems. Or run recent epubcheck, it gives warnings on problematic filenames inside epubs.
Try renaming suspected files and repack the whole epub, manually or with Sigil. A boring task especially with toc and links.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #358
andy_0
andy_0 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a question regarding CoolReader. I just installed it on my PocketBook 611 with extensions.cfg and PocketBook 6xx menu. The application is starting and the settings menu is really great. However I am not able to save any changes. In the settings menu on the bottom it says "Press Back to save and long Back to Cancel." however I can only cancel and not save my settings.

Any ideas regarding this issue?

[edit]
Scratch that. It's working now. Possibly I used the wrong button as the 611 basically has two "Back" and "Forward" buttons.

Last edited by andy_0; 10-14-2012 at 02:11 PM.
andy_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #359
nesler
Zealot
nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to list
So, I just picked up a Cool-er Reader and immediately installed the Pocketbook 301+ firmware on it, and upgraded that to 15.3.

I would like to update its version of CoolReader, and I've got the gist of the process, but could someone give me a quick rundown of how to install the new version(s) of CoolReader, and appropriately modify the extensions.cfg file. As well as anything else I might be missing...
nesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #360
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
Can someone please point me to the latest version of Coolreader and installation instructions for Pocketbook 921 Pro.

Thank you in advance.
porga is offline   Reply With Quote