Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #16
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Well, I just wanted to report that I'm on my fourth day of fairly heavy reading on my 505 with the new battery in, and the battery strength indicator has not budged off four bars yet. Very happy! Took basically an 86 year old nursing home resident, administered an elixir, and now I have a young Olympic athlete again. Highly recommended!
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #17
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Sadly my PRS-505 was not rescued by a new battery :-( . Anybody in need of a new battery can drop be a mail - I have a freshly charged battery which was used only once for sale.

Apart from that I can watch and see how long it will take until entropy will wipe the last picture displayed.

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #18
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post
Sadly my PRS-505 was not rescued by a new battery :-( . Anybody in need of a new battery can drop be a mail - I have a freshly charged battery which was used only once for sale.

Apart from that I can watch and see how long it will take until entropy will wipe the last picture displayed.

Martin
I am sorry to hear it.
Let it be the worst thing to happen in your life!
Get yourself 650 to soften the pain
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #19
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Get yourself 650 to soften the pain
As soon as they are available. I would have considered a 950 will be [USA only] again. Why is Sony doing this to us?

Martin
Old 10-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #20
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As soon as they are available. I would have considered a 950 will be [USA only] again. Why is Sony doing this to us?

Martin
I guess that it is not easy for them to make contracts with mobile phone companies for the 3G. Although, why not to sell wi-fi only over here?
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 04:57 AM   #21
krischik
Addict

Quote:
I guess that it is not easy for them to make contracts with mobile phone companies for the 3G. Although, why not to sell wi-fi only over here?
Why not sell it without a SIM card. Then I can decide for myself if I want one.

But Sony has become a rather strange. Especially Software wise they are behind the time. Taking into account that the PRS-505 lasted just a bid longer then the warranty I wonder if Sony is still the premium price worth they change.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #22
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Taking into account that the PRS-505 lasted just a bid longer then the warranty I wonder if Sony is still the premium price worth they change.
Mine is almost 3 years old and still like a new except battery life. It is about 40-45% of the original. It lasts 5 days instead of 14.
I still like Sony Reader's hardware and don't see any alternative.
However, the price is over the top IMO. Kindle 3 plus Wi-Fi £110 only? and 650 £200 w/o £30 cover and £25 charger?
When people deliberate what to buy, how can I honestly suggest Sony? It is so hassle free to buy ebooks with kindle. Let alone a £150 model with 3G, when you can get ebooks from anywhere, no need for a computer at all and so much cheaper than Sony? Yes, kindle is tied down to Amazon ebook shop. So what? It is the best out there with the best prices anyway.
I work with computers and connecting Sony to my PC isn't an issue, but for Average Joe? fill in the gap
Old 10-18-2010, 02:29 AM   #23
krischik
Addict

Quote:
Mine is almost 3 years old and still like a new except battery life. It is about 40-45% of the original. It lasts 5 days instead of 14.
Need a new battery? I have one for sale.

Quote:
It is the best out there with the best prices anyway.
If English is the only language you read. And even then I need the have it delivered from the USA because Kindle is not available on amazon.de. And with that useless Keyboard Kindle won't fit into my purse.

And last not least: I boycott Amazon for there bad treatment of Mobipocket customers.

Martin

PS: Note that workaround which is illegal in most countries of the world (MobiDeDRM) is not a replacement for official company support.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:07 AM   #24
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Need a new battery? I have one for sale.

If English is the only language you read.
I am not ready for the battery replacement yet, if ever
Yes, I read in English only. Maybe once in a blue moon in Russian.