Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 06:58 AM   #16
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I like to use them for their special offers. No problems until now. I am sure they are a reputable company.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #17
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
The good news is that I finally received a response and they confirmed the blank book (duh). I haven't checked yet but they indicated they would initiate a refund.

Still, their response time needs improvement, IMHO.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've just put in a ticket with Kobo. Turns out an eBook I bought from them that I was going to clean up to read next turned out to have no quotes or apostrophes. Granted, it was purchased in October 2009 sometime. So I'm hoping for getting this fixed instead of a refund. But if I do need a refund, I'll buy it elsewhere.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #19
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would be very surprised if you were given a refund on a purchase of five months ago. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I would be very surprised if you were given a refund on a purchase of five months ago. Good luck.
I would like to think so. I'd expect that they do want to keep customers.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #21
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Depends. If they can clearly tell that the document in question was incorrect, I would think they'd make the effort to replace it (both for future and present customers). But even if they don't, they can see that however old it may be it was incorrect from the start.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #22
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would like to think so. I'd expect that they do want to keep customers.
Let us know the outcome.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Let us know the outcome.
I got an email today saying they are refunding the purchase price and letting the publisher know. I replied that was ok and then got another email showing the refund. Now I just need to wait for a sale to purchase this eBook again as I bought it on sale.

The eBook is now no longer listed at Kobo. The question I have, are all the ePub copies out there also bad?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #24
Skydog
Wizard

Well, that's good news. I received a notification of refund too but no indication as to when the book would be available. I'll go look and see if they pulled it - I would hope so since it is blank!

Update: Interesting - the title is still available for purchase but it is the same corrupted file! (just tried downloading it again)

Last edited by Skydog; 03-17-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #25
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You know, it might help if one of you guys mentioned the title of the book(s - since they are two different ones, from the messages I see). Hard to tell if "all epub copies" are blank, without knowing which book (unless you mean all epub copies of all books, which I doubt). Also, since there are two books with problems at Kobo, I suspect most here would appreciate a heads-up, so we don't go thru the same hassle.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The book I put in the ticket about is The Third Option by Vince Flynn.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #27
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The book I put in the ticket about is The Third Option by Vince Flynn.
Oh, no! Not a Vince Flynn book! All his books are great - are you reading them in order?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #28
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You know, it might help if one of you guys mentioned the title of the book(s - since they are two different ones, from the messages I see). Hard to tell if "all epub copies" are blank, without knowing which book (unless you mean all epub copies of all books, which I doubt). Also, since there are two books with problems at Kobo, I suspect most here would appreciate a heads-up, so we don't go thru the same hassle.
Karen,

You are right and I was about to do so pending a response from Kobo. The more I deal with them, the less I am impressed. Following are the recent exchanges I have had thus far:

Re: The Coffee Trader by David Liss

Kobo's repsonse: (09 March)

Dear Patricia,

You're right - the ePub for this book seems to be blank. We apologize for this inconvenience. The publisher has sent us a corrupted file, and we will contact them to obtain the correct ePub file.

We will provide you with a refund for this book because you cannot read it on your eReading device. Your refund will be processed in the next few days.

We cannot provide you with an exact date when this book will be back on the site, as this depends entirely on the publisher, but we will do our best to expedite the process.

My response:

Dear Kobo,

As of this date (17Mar) I notice the above title/corrupted file is still available for purchase on your website. I suggest the title be removed to avoid others discovering the same problem after purchase.

Kobo's response:

Thank you for your input. We are taking it under advisement.

Taking it under advisement??!!! What the h---?!!! It should have been pulled immediately! I underlined a portion of their response above which implies it would be removed but that is certainly not the case.

Last edited by Skydog; 03-18-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Oh, no! Not a Vince Flynn book! All his books are great - are you reading them in order?
Yep and this being the second one means I'm out of luck for now once I finish Transfer of Power. I'm waiting for another shop to have a sale so I can buy the eBook again at a discounted price. Sure, I can buy it now, but it would be more then I originally paid.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #30
MichaelDeVore
MichaelDeVore began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N416
I had the best customer service experience I have had in years. My Kobo quit working and was flashing on and off. I called, explained the problem and pretty much immediately was offered a new Kobo which would come by Fed Ex. I just had to return the old one by return shipping. The lady was professional, friendly, and in the United States. I was given all kinds of pertinent info and will be emailed directions in case I forgot anything. Best of all, they took my word that I had purchased this six months ago or had me on record. At any rate, I was never asked for proof of purchase and I felt trusted. Awesome!
MichaelDeVore is offline   Reply With Quote