Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-06-2009, 04:29 AM   #16
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
I cannot find any website telling about its physical size. Can you tell what is its h x w x d?

Thanks
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Jetbook
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #17
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Xerxes...thanks a lot. It's a bit wider than EZReader..
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
Xerxes...thanks a lot. It's a bit wider than EZReader..
It has buttons on the side instead of down below, so I am not surprised.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #19
macminer
Connoisseur
macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 3, Lenovo Tab 4 8" (formerly many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
I think I'm the only one that uses that bar all the time. My main reading position is to hold it in my right hand with my thumb on the right, first two fingers wrapped around the top, the ring finger at the corner, and pinkie on the left-hand bar. I use the pinkie to push down or pull up (the ridges help a lot on the pull up) and turn pages. IIRC none of the other readers would let me have the ability to turn pages while holding it from the top.
Well, I have now owned the Jetbook for about a month and I also use that bar extensively, for two reasons:
  1. It has a better tactile feel than the other one
  2. It is probably more durable. From the pictures of an open Jetbook it seems that the switch at the side is a real switch (with a spring mechanism etc.) while the ones on the front side are just contacts mounted directly on the board (like in cheap Chinese toys)
macminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:20 AM   #20
laura8090
Voracious
laura8090 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, EZReader, iTouch, JetBook, Pocketbook 360, Samsung TAB
I agree with the awkward holding to turn pages. A strap would be great. I find I get irritated with the slider and then go to the buttons on the bottom and get irritated with the buttons and go back to the slider. I still love the ebookwise 1150 for ergonomics and no other reader I have used has been up to their standards!

The menu bar on the top is okay. I would like it to have a hour countdown of how long the battery life is left instead of the bars. I can't really gauge it from that.

It's a whole lot better than the EZReader though to hold and switch pages, so I am liking it and it's quite light, so it's better than the 1150.

I agree, overall I would give it a 7 or so out of 10.

Laura
laura8090 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jetbook, jetbook review