Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #1381
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool seeing RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Next time please post the Warning about the spoiler before the spoiler. I have not read Cold Days yet, and accidentally clicked the spoiler before I could see the red.

I am right now in Dead Beat in this spot:
Spoiler:
"Enough with sharing the emotions," I said. "We're gonna turn into women as we stand here. Get a move on."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I clicked the spoiler tag too. Got through the first 3 words before I realized what I did. I've seen numerous spoiler tags since Cold Days was released and this was the first one I clicked on . I need to be more careful.
Maybe the red color of the warning makes you click it.?

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #1382
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Maybe the red color of the warning makes you click it.?

Or the combined need to push a button...any button...and simple curiosity.

(I just have to know what is under that spoiler!)
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #1383
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Or the combined need to push a button...any button...and simple curiosity.

(I just have to know what is under that spoiler!)
Why am I flashing on Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends running around repeating: "Secret door! Secret Door! Secret Door!"?
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #1384
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I just started listening to the Cold Days audio book and realized something...

Spoiler:
Leanansidhe isn't part of this book. She's mentioned a few times but doesn't make an appearance. I thought she'd figure prominently in this book.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #1385
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I'm sorry about my post. I didn't mean to screw things up for anyone. I honestly thought the bright red letters would catch everyone's attention.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #1386
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'm sorry about my post. I didn't mean to screw things up for anyone. I honestly thought the bright red letters would catch everyone's attention.
I think you are fine, because I am not even upset with you. For a while I seriously thought (and still do) that the warning about Cold Days was a joke, as it did not appear to be a spoiler of the book,
Spoiler:
simply a joke on a feature on Alan's avatar.

So all good with me. If I was easily spoiled, I would unsubscribe from this thread.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #1387
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Nothing to be sorry about! I totally wasn't paying attention, and I did see the big red warning, I just hit the damn button anyway .
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #1388
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Ghoul Goblin #1 Preview

Quoted from jim-butcher.com.
Quote:
Ghoul Goblin #1 Preview

Dec 12, 2012

Issue 1 (of 6) of JIM BUTCHER’S THE DRESDEN FILES: GHOUL GOBLIN hits comic shops everywhere Jan 9, 2013! This original story is set between Fool Moon and Grave Peril, and is written by Jim Butcher and Mark Powers and pencilled by Joseph Cooper, with Ardian Syaf back for the covers.

Check out our exclusive ten-page preview, thanks to Dynamite Entertainment:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGob01-Cov-A.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	376.6 KB
ID:	97598Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGob01-1.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	97599Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGob01-2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	97600Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGob01-3.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	97601

Name:	GhoulGob01-4.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	97602Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGob01-5.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	415.9 KB
ID:	97603Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGob01-6.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	393.3 KB
ID:	97604Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGob01-7.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	346.9 KB
ID:	97605

Name:	GhoulGob01-8.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	370.3 KB
ID:	97606Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGob01-9.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	398.3 KB
ID:	97607Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGob01-10.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	97608

To find a comic shop near you, go to comicshoplocator.com or dial 1-888-COMIC-BOOK”

For more information on other Dresden Files comics go to dynamite.com.

Last edited by alansplace; 12-12-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: fix graphics
Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #1389
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Finished Cold Days and loved it overall.

Spoiler doesn't give anything away, just my feelings on the ending but I didn't want to plant any ideas about the ending in peoples minds so.......

Spoiler:
Not sure how I felt about the ending. Part of me went "wow!! love it! great idea! could lead to so many great situations scenarios and character development! AWESOME!!!!!" Part of me just screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #1390
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Cold Days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Finished Cold Days and loved it overall.

Spoiler doesn't give anything away, just my feelings on the ending but I didn't want to plant any ideas about the ending in peoples minds so.......

Spoiler:
Not sure how I felt about the ending. Part of me went "wow!! love it! great idea! could lead to so many great situations scenarios and character development! AWESOME!!!!!" Part of me just screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
That's the best (closest to my feelings anyway) summation I've seen so far.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #1391
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I've been avoiding this thread because I'm not caught up yet, but I'm most of the way through Ghost Story now and have to wonder about all the bad press. Maybe I watched Ghostbusters too many times as a kid, but I'm loving it. Ghost Story may be my favorite Dresden novel so far. It's almost certainly the funniest. I'm also listening to the audiobook, and while it was a little difficult settling in with the fill-in reader,John Glover, he does a very solid job--maybe with slightly different strengths and weaknesses than Marsters, but overall right on par.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 AM   #1392
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Ghost Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I've been avoiding this thread because I'm not caught up yet, but I'm most of the way through Ghost Story now and have to wonder about all the bad press. Maybe I watched Ghostbusters too many times as a kid, but I'm loving it. Ghost Story may be my favorite Dresden novel so far. It's almost certainly the funniest. I'm also listening to the audiobook, and while it was a little difficult settling in with the fill-in reader,John Glover, he does a very solid job--maybe with slightly different strengths and weaknesses than Marsters, but overall right on par.
I pretty much feel the same, Ghost Story has some weaknesses but they are certainly not the ruination of the story nor are they damaging to the overall story arc. It probably isn't my favorite one, but heck, actually I like them all.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:26 AM   #1393
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I would say Ghost Story takes pretty much all of the characters in a more pulp/comic-book direction, which hey, I'm not complaining, but at the same time Harry is if anything more thoughtful throughout. Everything has changed considerably in the 6 months between Changes and GS, and change upsets people. In a sense, everyone in Harry's world has to be a hero
Spoiler:
once Harry's not in it. I love Harry having to rediscover his skills and regain his talismans in a new world intersecting with his old.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #1394
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:

What did you expect? You know the story isn't over after Cold Days before you started reading it. And if it wasn't for the sick twists of fate, uhm, I mean, Harry's stubborn believe in free will, then The Dresden Files were meant to die a few books into the series.

The only possible outcome for a mortal beeing is death. Remains to be seen if Death is the end or beginning.

Now I really need to get back to Dead Beat, because
Spoiler:
Sue doesn't corner well ...
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #1395
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

I agree. That is pretty much how I felt about the ending.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy