Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Took me a few tries to get 0 faults, but I was writing 89 or 90 all the time even with flaws. Did it in danish, as I write quicker in my native language, funny enough..

Edit: Remember, it is not the number of keystrokes but number of correct words that are the ultimate achievement!

Last edited by David Munch; 10-10-2012 at 04:23 PM.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm a little confused as to the difference between wpm and correct words. If wrong words are zero then how are these two values different ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Edit: Remember, it is not the number of keystrokes but number of correct words that are the ultimate achievement!
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I assume it takes an average word length into account somehow. Otherwise if you were lucky with many of's and it's you'd get a much higher score than someone who has to type Indian a hundred times.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #19
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
I assume it takes an average word length into account somehow. Otherwise if you were lucky with many of's and it's you'd get a much higher score than someone who has to type Indian a hundred times.
The way that it was calculated back when I took typing classes a few decades and some ago was to count 5 characters as "a word"...
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, it is weird. I did more words per minute, yet all of them aren't counted?

I wonder if it doesn't count words were I had to edit a few of them, or if it has an algorithm were it takes keystrokes and words into account? I guess it would be more fair, if a language has more short words than others, although I would expect the software to make an equal mix of 3-8 letter words for each language for fairness.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
The way that it was calculated back when I took typing classes a few decades and some ago was to count 5 characters as "a word"...
Seems like you are right! I hit 451 words divided by 5 = 90 WPM.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #21
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Seems like you are right! I hit 451 words divided by 5 = 90 WPM.
Yeah, just calculated. All of the posted results fit that, +/- rounding.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #22
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wanted to try and see how fast I could type on my Story HD keyboard.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I can type and the timer starts but it doesn't take words into account and it doesn't scroll... and most other tests I can find require punctuation, which is kinda hard on the Story HD (only via symbol key shortcuts which I can't be bothered to memorize)
Old 10-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #23
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't seem to beat my record. I guess I'm trying too hard, after a night's rest maybe I'll do better tomorrow
Old 10-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #24
Quexos
Member Retired

So no one can take up this challenge ? guess this is a community or readers, not typers
Old 10-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #25
frostschutz
Linux User

Quote:
Aaand this is how I type with 10 fingers:

10 fingers, 10 days later: (after doing 13 out of 36 lessons using gtypist trainer)

Well, there is some progress.

Also I just found out that the site lets you put in any values for the screenshot URLs so anyone can cheat all my other screenshots are legit though.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:53 AM   #26
David Munch
Scholar

Quote:
Also I just found out that the site lets you put in any values for the screenshot URLs so anyone can cheat all my other screenshots are legit though
Suuure....
Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #27
Quexos
Member Retired

It's too bad cause this could have been a good thread methinks. But if cheating is possible then the game is off
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #28
twowheels
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
So no one can take up this challenge ? guess this is a community or readers, not typers
I have a (real) screenshot on my work computer that beats all here, but wanted to do even better before posting it.

I type about 160 in 1 minute bursts when it's not random words, but the random words really slow me down as I mistake one word for another (hard to read accurately at that speed when it's random). Maybe I'll just post it tomorrow when I get to work.