Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
ncguy68
Enthusiast
ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet, Asus TF300, Nexus 7
Is Calibre Companion compatible with a rooted Nook Tablet?

Trying to use the Calibre Companion on a rooted Nook Tablet. I can't change the directory in CC to where the books are stored on the Nook (sdcard). Is CC compatible with the Nook Tablet?

The app works fine on my Nexus 7 and Asus TF300.

William
ncguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy68 View Post
Trying to use the Calibre Companion on a rooted Nook Tablet. I can't change the directory in CC to where the books are stored on the Nook (sdcard). Is CC compatible with the Nook Tablet?
If it is android 2.3 or higher I'm going to say yes.

Folks have reported success using CC with rooted Nook color tablets. You may not be able to browse to your SD card but if you know the path you should be able to manually type it in when you choose to change directory. Hopefully some Nook tablet folks will be more specific.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
ncguy68
Enthusiast
ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet, Asus TF300, Nexus 7
When I go to default folder/change and browse to where my books are stored (/mnt/sdcard/my files/books) there is no option for OK.....only (back, manual path, or new folder). If I try to create a new folder I get the message "Could not create folder"
ncguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
When I go to default folder/change and browse to where my books are stored (/mnt/sdcard/my files/books) there is no option for OK.....only (back, manual path, or new folder). If I try to create a new folder I get the message "Could not create folder"
You don't see "Use this folder" at the top of the list? Tap that line to use the current folder.

Regarding not being able to create a new folder, that happens when Android tells CC that creating the new folder did not succeed. One reason for that is that the sdcard is read-only, or at least Android is telling CC that it is read-only. Why this would be happening is a mystery.

As DoctorOhh said, several people run CC on nook colors. I think that they are running CM7, but I don't know that to be the case.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
ellett
Connoisseur
ellett began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Yeah, there's an "official" stable CM7 available for the NC. There are nightlies of CM9 but nothing official, and as you would expect, the CM9 nightlies are not as stable as the latest stable CM7 build. I've run CC with stable NC CM7 with no problem, but with the CM9 nightlies my mileage has definitely varied. There has been nothing published that I know of regarding a stable build of CM9 for the NC and there probably won't be since the NC is such an old device with very limited memory. I think most developers have moved on.
ellett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You don't see "Use this folder" at the top of the list? Tap that line to use the current folder.

Regarding not being able to create a new folder, that happens when Android tells CC that creating the new folder did not succeed. One reason for that is that the sdcard is read-only, or at least Android is telling CC that it is read-only. Why this would be happening is a mystery.
This brings up something that I wanted to mention but forgot, which may or may not help the OP. When in the directory browser, clicking "manual path" will let you enter any existing path, but the button always says "create". This seems awkward and unintuitive.

My tablet's path to the sd card is mnt/external_sd/ - the mnt/sdcard/ is the internal user memory. The directory browser opens on internal memory and won't navigate backwards from there. So I just enter mnt/ into the manual path, click "create" and it takes me to mnt/ so I can navigate to whichever path I want from there. It's faster than typing in the whole path. "Create" is misleading in this context, and possibly confusing. If it hadn't been for my total lack of fear when clicking random buttons () I might be staring at it asking, "how do I get there from here?"
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote