Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #31
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
The latest batch...

6 MORE 8-Bit Grayscale 600x800 Kindle Formatted
Screensaver Images

In today's batch...
Irish Vampire
Indian Chiefs
Fluid Dynamics
Little Miss Somebody
Several Knots

http://jacksonunit.googlepages.com/kindleunit
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #32
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Wonder who Little Miss Somebody is. She's quite cute! Thanks for another batch!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #33
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

She looks a lot like "Phia" (my youngest daughter) so the image caught my eye. It's a very haunting image.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #34
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
scary
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #35
phuocle
phuocle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle DX, Kindle Touch, iPad 1
Thanks man, I really appreciate these images!
phuocle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #36
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Big DUHHH moment. In the default Kindle screensavers, one of the images is a large letter "B" with embellishments, etc. I've been so pleased that it happens to be the first letter of my last name.

But I bet other people have the first initial of THEIR last name, and not necessarily a "B". Right? Duhhhh..... It took me two months for that to occur to me.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #37
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Big DUHHH moment. In the default Kindle screensavers, one of the images is a large letter "B" with embellishments, etc. I've been so pleased that it happens to be the first letter of my last name.

But I bet other people have the first initial of THEIR last name, and not necessarily a "B". Right? Duhhhh..... It took me two months for that to occur to me.
Ummm - not me. I have a "B" too... (and my last name starts with an "S")
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #38
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzmc View Post
Ummm - not me. I have a "B" too... (and my last name starts with an "S")
Huh! I just figured that would be such a cool gimmick for them to do. But I guess the name of the person who BOUGHT the Kindle isn't necessarily the one who will eventually own it .... so maybe they couldn't easily do something like that. I bet they could do it with a firmware update (or a software update). Maybe I should suggest it to them.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #39
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

My last name is Jackson but we SPELL it with a "B".
Old 04-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #40
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I noticed the "B" on the better half's Kindle one day, even though her name doesn't start with "B" it still applies about once per month.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #41
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Eh-HEM. Ignoring the previous comment, I'll stick with ROFLing to Jackson's reply.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #42
mjburgos
mjburgos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
GRAPHICS ON THE KINDLE

Regarding comments on the Kindle's graphics:

Like many of you, I too was wondering about the quality of graphics on a Kindle. I read many reviews and got mixed messages about the quality of images. Frustrated, I did some research and then took a trip in my way-back machine for the answer--I used to create 2 bit graphics for my PC and Commodore64 in the 1980s.

Keeping that in mind, I did some experimenting and was able to create very acceptable, even excellent, graphics for the Kindle using a variety of Photoshop techniques.

I was pretty excited about how they came out. So I wrote an ebook about it and included a lot of samples using the techniques. Look for it on Amazon. Name of the book is GRAPHICS ON THE KINDLE, and the ASIN is B0018LILMO.

Hope this helps some of you!
mjburgos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #43
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
I read this thread but I'm confused about one thing. I really really like the default screensavers in the Kindle, but I would love to ADD TO THEM. Does this technique add to them, or replace them? If it replaces them, has anyone pulled the original images off the Kindle so that you can add them back in? I especially love the printing-press ones.
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #44
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

For a limited time...

I've decided to do something useful.

If you send me your Name, Phone Number and email address, I will put it in this screensaver image and send it back to you for use on your very own kindle.

So, how cool is that?

jacksonunit@gmail.com
Old 06-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #45
Ervserver
Wizard

hey that is awesome!