Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #196
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
+1 for bug tracker
+1 a suggestion/feature-request management page that actually keeps track of votes.

It's nice PocketBook USA is willing to go to the effort of setting up a facebook page but it gives me the feeling that this is one of the reasons why this the official forum is being shown little attention.

Instead of spreading out try making things more focused offer real support pocketbook is looking unprofessional, for example the bookland website where the faq/help section data is only in russian, the new israel website which is only in russian/english and still contains random text used to test the site coding and product information which is inaccurate because it was copy pasted from model to model.

Not to mention whatever support information there is in english on any of pocketbooks websites is out of date.

Edit: Don't take this harshly, just trying to point some issues.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #197
doublezed
doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Leggo IBS - a.k.a. PocketBook 603
Here is my request for the PB603 (also if i have the one with the IBS.it firmware):
the ability to drag with the pen to scroll pdfs and midori browser. This will increase the feel and the usage of pdf and the reading of a little bit complex html articles (expecially the one with multiple columns).
Thanks a lot
doublezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:33 AM   #198
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

A Media Player thats suited for audio books would be first priority (especially since being able to play mp3 files played a big part in my decision to buy the 602).

The current media player is missing:
1) the ability to navigate an mp3 file (i.e. move back/forward in varying jump sizes)
2) the ability to auto-pause after a specified time with no interaction (so you don't wake up with the battery drained)
3) the ability to remember your place in the book (which mp3 file and where in it) even if you leave the player or shut down the device (people don't listen to a whole book in one sitting)
4) the ability to remember/save the playlist , part of the failure in 3 is that the player doesn't actually remember anything and when you launch it again it searches again.
5) being able to choose where to look for files and re-order the playlist (right now it'll add every mp3 file it can find to the list)
Old 03-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #199
sarkash
Enthusiast
sarkash has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PB 902
a key mapping option for pdfviewer to open the zoom window directly; specially while reading newspapers and magazines it can really ease page navigation, lots of zooming is envolved; the standard, main menu and then zoom menu gets really tedious...
sarkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #200
ballemi
ballemi began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 602
[QUOTE=mishaikin;873474]1. As stupid as it may sound, but I would like an alarm (silent) if it is feasible and will not drain too much of the battery. Sometimes, reading people forget burning things in the oven because of loosing track of time (in spite of the clock in the status bar) ...

+1 !
ballemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:43 AM   #201
daniel_hokkaido
Enthusiast
daniel_hokkaido began at the beginning.

Device: sonyprs 505, pocketbook pro 603
yeah definitely an ap which lets you scribble on your ebook so if in another
language you can write in the translated word, just like in a normal paper
book.

I though this would be a default ap but it isnt there...
daniel_hokkaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #202
jlepetit
jlepetit began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 903
1. Taking notes when reading books + highlighting feature
2. Text format for notes (not only pictures)
3. Ability for pdfviewer to adjust contrast (getting the text darker, otherwise technical documents are hard to read)
4. The ability to adjust the scrolling sensibility when reading a pdf (especially when it's in landscape mode: it would be better to go through the text step by step, rather than with two or three position)
5. When editing metadata for pdf with calibre, I'd like it to be edited in the library of the Pocketbook (in the "genre" subfolder). A simpler way to edit this "genre" subfolder would be nice too, maybe with a calibre plugin ?
6. adobeviewer can't read correctly documents created with LaTeX (math symbols mainly), pdviewer can, but is slower
jlepetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #203
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Yes, it is. Look at the previous post.
302 is the only PocketBook so far (and the only e-ink reader, as far as I know) to have USB host capability.
My other ebook reader, the iLiad, has it. You can put a USB stick into it, as well as a SD card and a compact flash card.

It has also a very nice scribble annotation system within PDF documents. You can write in the margin or circle words, etc.

You can even export scribbles (saved as a series of vectors) and convert them to text format.

Maybe this will happen to Pocketbook also in the future.

I would like my PB 803 to receive SMS's, as my provider sends me feedback that way. Would be nice to send them too.

We could even communicate by writing a letter together on 2 separate devices, by using the communication (BT,WIFI or 3G)
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #204
perry261
perry261 began at the beginning.

Device: infibeam pi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
VOTE!
only 3 votes to go.
Please, please, pretty please Lit support would be great.

You got my vote for this one as well.
PocketBook might start by translating the existing docs from Russian to English ;-)

Vote again.

My vote for LIT support.

This would be nice to have.
You get a half vote for this one.

You got my vote again.
Does it make four votes already?
Pretty please ...
;-)

Oh ...
Did I mention LIT support?

My vote for LIT support also
perry261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:23 AM   #205
cipri
Banned
cipri is on a distinguished road

Device: PB 903
Sorry that i must tell you that. But dont you realize that you just waste your time with ....dreaming?
Didn't you notice, that the developers didn't manage to solve the most simple bugs in the last 3 month? (I reported a lot of bugs, and i was promised by fork and mtravellerh, that they will be solved, and none of them has been solved. That means, it seems that seems that the developers from ukraine don't care what the "technical director from germany" (fork) is telling them).

They seem not to be able to solve the most simple bugs, and you still dream about new wanted features?????
The hopes for that are nearly zero.
cipri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:41 AM   #206
J.C.
Addict

not the thread for this cipri
Old 04-17-2011, 03:23 AM   #207
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Put 4 different voices to choose from in the speech menu.

Another wish:

As I like to let the Pocketbook read the books to me, and I regularly switch from Dutch to English and from male to female voice, it would be convenient to change the voice from the speech menu (it has 4 slots in the corners empty! Use these for the 4 installed voices). Now I have to leave the book for doing that.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #208
atis
atis began at the beginning.

Device: 603 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
This is the official wanted features thread for the Pocketbook devices. if you really want a feature in here, just put it in here. As soon as a feature gets five positive votes, the support team will consider it voted for and check with the GfK (Guys from Kiev - our programmers) if such a feature is feasible and will give feedback. Thanks to all active posters!
An application which retain in a list the words searched in the dictionary that could be exported and printed. That would be wonderfully.
atis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #209
m2heikamp
m2heikamp began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by atis View Post
An application which retain in a list the words searched in the dictionary that could be exported and printed. That would be wonderfully.
They can't even manage to find the time for some decent firmware. How the ...... will they ever be able to live up to the promise to deliver other stuff?
m2heikamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:21 AM   #210
language gamer
language gamer doesn't litterlanguage gamer doesn't litterlanguage gamer doesn't litter

Device: Nook Touch, Pocketbook 360, ebookwise 1150 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlepetit View Post
1. Taking notes when reading books + highlighting feature
2. Text format for notes (not only pictures)
I vote for both of these (especially #2). I would consider my 360 almost the perfect device if these could be implemented.
language gamer is offline   Reply With Quote