Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 12-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #1
rdyornot
rdyornot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Web interface login

I'd like to try some of the newly added features, but I can't find a login option in the web interface. I've done the following things (restarting calibre and it's server after each one):

1) Set the preference to allow unauthenticated local users to make changes - did not work "Anonymous users are not allowed to make changes"

2) Added a user account in Preferences>Sharing Over the Net>User Accounts - can not find a login option on the web interface.

Ideally, I'd like #1 to work, but I'd take anything.
rdyornot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:29 PM   #2
rdyornot
rdyornot began at the beginning.

Device: none
UPDATE: Selecting "Require username and password to access content server" then logging in did allow me to make changes over the server, but this seems redundant with "Anonymous users are not allowed to make changes" as anonymous users can't log in...

So I have a work-around, but I suggest adding (or fixing) and option to allow anonymous users to make changes
rdyornot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) works fine, as long as you connect to localhost which is how a local user is detected.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server, log in, log-in, login, web