Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-12-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Hisense A5

I think this phone will be the best option for me, I just wish it wasn't so big.
https://goodereader.com/blog/smartph...en-e-ink-phone
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:05 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
If it becomes available at that price, I will definitely get one.

Am very happy with my Hisense A2 Pro, but would much prefer a single screen eink phone with a frontlight. Am hoping that this becomes a reality.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2019, 03:17 AM   #3
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartz View Post
I think this phone will be the best option for me, I just wish it wasn't so big.
https://goodereader.com/blog/smartph...en-e-ink-phone
price is too good to be true
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:18 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Other links to stories about the HiSense A5:

https://www.e-ink-info.com/video-sho...nk-smartphones

https://jmcomms.com/2019/09/08/hisen...phones-at-ifa/

https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...or-e100-video/
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:21 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The €100 price and launch date before end of 2019 is from the person on the stand who didn't even know how big the battery was. I'm not convinced he's a reliable source.
Advert
Old 09-13-2019, 04:34 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Here's a different video, in German, that says that the price is not known.

https://winfuture.de/videos/Hardware...lay-20698.html
Old 09-13-2019, 05:42 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Another non-English site: http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/economy/m...ng/908864.html

Google translate of the important bit:
Like Hisense's predecessor, A5 is expected to be found only in some regions, including China and Russia. Xuan Chun Ray's high-sense section manager met with Hankyoreh on the 7th (local time) and said it will be priced at $ 100 and will be released to China and Russia later this year. "I plan to go to Europe next year," he said. "I have no plans yet."
Old 09-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #8
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
I'm looking forward to this. Is Google Play confirmed?
pata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 05:38 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

It does look like a very interesting device. For a start, it's a smart phone that will definitely last through a whole day, possibly only need recharging every other day.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:07 AM   #10
Kaitoku
Kaitoku began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max 2
This is exactly what I want. For a fair price, I will definitely buy it. Also, it has to have Google play.
Kaitoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #11
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Looks to be close to ideal. Will definitely pick one up if the price is reasonable.

Even though I already have the Hisense A2 Pro, and although I'm quite fond of it, I find the colour screen a bit of a nuisance. Would much rather have a single screen device.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #12
HARE_KRISHNA
HARE_KRISHNA began at the beginning.

Device: None
Wow, thank you everyone for all the information. This seems like a very nice phone. No more astigmatism.

Can it be used in the United States on carriers like Xfinity Mobile, T-mobile, Verizon etc.?
HARE_KRISHNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:37 PM   #13
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Other information:
https://notebookitalia.it/hisense-a5...a-prezzo-28832
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:26 AM   #14
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desk7 View Post
Uhm,
I'm totally skeptical about the 100 euro prize and the 'deluded' buyers of K1 got it for 250 euro, not 350.
Let's hope Hisense can sell it through amazon european stores.

K1 hardware is nice, i'm pleased about, as for the software..can be somehow arranged/hacked into a smartphone experience.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:38 AM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I'd certainly buy an A5 if it has a retail price around €100 (+VAT) on launch. But I really don't see how they can manage that.

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-27-2019 at 03:44 AM.