Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #42571
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I just went through my reading list of 2019 and discovered I read twelve book where the title started with "The Haunting of". No points for guessing what my favourite genre was last year.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:03 PM   #42572
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
A DoD wipe on one of my PCs. I should've done this a long time ago.

The wipe failed. Now I'm performing another DoD wipe on a different laptop. (Both PCs are from the same eBay seller... At least they were inexpensive.)

*time passes* Both hard drives failed.

Last edited by trichobezoar; 01-07-2020 at 04:58 PM.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:10 PM   #42573
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just packed for my vacation. I only need to pack the things I still need tonight and tomorrow morning, which are toiletries and chargers. I've also got a lot of bird and squirrel feed. The last couple of times I depended on the on-park supermarket to sell that, but that can be hit or miss I found and I do enjoy watching the birds and squirrels.

I don't think I've ever been in this much need of a vacation. For some reason I can't determine the last couple of weeks were rough.

Besides lazing around, reading and maybe watercolouring I plan to visit the nearby town of Apeldoorn on Wednesday or Thursday. I just discovered there's an art supply store, which I now plan to visit. It seems that collecting art supplies is as much, or maybe more, of a hobby of mine as using them .
Old 01-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #42574
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I'm sat updating all my file notes from court this morning... and feeling very jealous of Rumple below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I've just packed for my vacation. I only need to pack the things I still need tonight and tomorrow morning, which are toiletries and chargers. I've also got a lot of bird and squirrel feed. The last couple of times I depended on the on-park supermarket to sell that, but that can be hit or miss I found and I do enjoy watching the birds and squirrels.

I don't think I've ever been in this much need of a vacation. For some reason I can't determine the last couple of weeks were rough.

Besides lazing around, reading and maybe watercolouring I plan to visit the nearby town of Apeldoorn on Wednesday or Thursday. I just discovered there's an art supply store, which I now plan to visit. It seems that collecting art supplies is as much, or maybe more, of a hobby of mine as using them .
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:36 PM   #42575
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'm sat updating all my file notes from court this morning... and feeling very jealous of Rumple below...
For a moment I read that as "jealous of Rumpole of the Bailey".
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:52 PM   #42576
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Learning how to draw trees. It sounds simple...
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:44 AM   #42577
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm waiting for the pasta I just cooked to cool. Then I can start chopping up the vegetables and put together a pasta salad for tonight (and probably tomorrow's lunch).

The weather is dreary, to say the least. So tonight will be the perfect night to build a proper fire, instead of the sawdust log I burned last night.

According to the map of the park the cottages in my section should be build really close up together. But that isn't the case. I look out onto the road, but there's quite a distance with grass and trees, so private enough.

I'm glad I brought a lot of bird and squirrel feed. This morning a lot of birds and three squirrels enjoyed the food. When I was trowing the food out of the door (it was raining) one squirrel almost ran into my cottage. I've also seen several rabbits this afternoon, so the park is called Rabbit Hill for a reason.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:27 PM   #42578
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Just got back from watching "1917".

It was excellent ; I thoroughly recommend it.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:14 AM   #42579
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Waiting until it's time to leave for the bus. This morning I'm going to the nearby town of Apeldoorn. Mostly because there's a big art supply store, I might also do some clothes shopping and have lunch somewhere. This afternoon I want to finish my current book and after that I'll see what I feel like doing.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:22 AM   #42580
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
finishing the podcast I'm listening to then taking my kindle out of airplane mode, syncing it, and going to bed
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:22 AM   #42581
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Enjoying a fire in the fireplace and being glad I called reception. A couple of days ago I also lighted a fire and it got somewhat smokey inside. I made sure the fire went out quickly and open the windows and door. It was very windy, so I blamed it on that.

This afternoon I tried again, and the same happened, but luckily not as bad. I did call the reception to report it. Two maintenance men came by and checked the grate on the chimney, which was partially blocked. They cleared it and now I got a nice fire going.

I'm also making an order for my favourite British art supply store. With the Brexit rapidly approaching I want to get an order in before things might possibly get more difficult and/or expensive.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:58 AM   #42582
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm waiting for maintenance to show up at my vacation cottage to check out the oven, which decided to stop working. Luckily the cake I was baking was done. Keeping my fingers crossed they can fix or replace it.

Meanwhile I've ordered some new jeans, a couple of scarves and some earrings. I also ordered some art supplies in the UK, since it might get more expensive after the 31st of January.

I think I might see what types of desktop computers are available at the moment. Mine stopped working two and a half years ago. I've used my laptop, but I'd like a more powerful desktop, so I can start playing games at full settings again.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:45 AM   #42583
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Enjoying the last day of my vacation. I've lit a fire in the fireplace, made a cup of tea and I'm reading a good book. Bliss.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2020, 04:29 AM   #42584
perite
perite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Trying to gain enough posts.
perite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #42585
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I finished court early today, so I am about to settle in for a ride on my BikeErg and watch The Arsenal play Chelsea. I'm a Liverpool fan so I don't care at all who wins, just want a good game.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?