Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #31
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
Maybe they have the weekend off.
But this is something they maybe can be critizised for. You never release a new firmware on a Friday or do some major change in a software system and so on if you are not working on weekends.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #32
Diogene
Banned
Diogene doesn't litterDiogene doesn't litter

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
Maybe they have the weekend off. Maybe they hoped they could fix the problem and come forward with an apology *and* a fix, but then found it harder than they first thought, and decided to come forward with the apology first. Several people had posted about the problem over the weekend, so it wasn't as though no-one knew about it.

As for removing it, I can see why they didn't -- it worked perfectly for many including me, and my Mobipocket reader looks all the better for it, so I'm glad I downloaded it. It seems to have worked perfectly for some people, for others it worked fine but deleted their files, and in a couple of cases, the internal memory needed a re-format. The last, I suspect, is not specific to this upgrade, but is the sort of thing that occasionally happens with any firmware upgrade; it happened to me with my iRex iLiad the first time I upgraded it.
I refuse to deal any further with people with an IQ inferior to mine.
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #33
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene View Post
a very intelligent way to deal with issues.

regards,
kaas
Old 12-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #34
kapaka
kapaka began at the beginning.

Device: BQ
Quote:
Poor MENSA members 98% of humanity off limits

But all this flame about backup... be serious, who cares for the space a 512MB backup uses up in a modern HDD. I personally don't even use internal memory but load a SD card. Have a folder in my HDD with the whole content of the card and keep adding or editing in that folder. Use a backup utility to update the SD card. For 5$ you have easy updatability AND backup.

Last edited by kapaka; 12-09-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #35
BeBook Support
BeBook Support is on a distinguished road

Dear Diogene,

One of our customers brought your update problem to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please adress us directly with your problem so we can solve it personally. You can use our Contact Form at mybebook.com and please use your nick Diogene in the subject. Thanks.
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #36
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene View Post
I guess you'll have to write your own upgrades in future, then.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #37
javimm
Connoisseur
javimm began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
But this is something they maybe can be critizised for. You never release a new firmware on a Friday or do some major change in a software system and so on if you are not working on weekends.
Now I know why Windows Vista is such a crappy OS. It seems that they released it on Friday!! Worse than that. They still are on a weekend...

(sorry for the off topic)

About the OP, I don't see his point. Firmware update=potential troubles, so backup, charge, etc. That's something everybody with a electronic device knows nowadays.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #38
Diogene
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapaka View Post
Poor MENSA members 98% of humanity off limits

99% of MENSA members would be off limits too...

But all this flame about backup... be serious, who cares for the space a 512MB backup uses up in a modern HDD. I personally don't even use internal memory but load a SD card. Have a folder in my HDD with the whole content of the card and keep adding or editing in that folder. Use a backup utility to update the SD card. For 5$ you have easy updatability AND backup.
Yeah, sure, I paid for that internal memory but I cannot use it. So why not ship a less expensive product with no internal memory, then? Why not tell the customers not to use it at all?
All this makes so much sense!
Buying a memory card for the BeBook is such a mess too: several customers explained how they could not find a small capacity SD card compatible with the incredible intolerance of the internal reader/upgrade software (do not ask me why that card has to be small: they do not seem to know themselves!). And then finding a big card that is compatible with all the functions of the BeBook is a mess too.
Obviously you are not competent.
What are you doing here? You enjoy spreading your incompetence, polluting threads with your incompetence?

Last edited by Diogene; 12-09-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #39
kapaka

Quote:
Obviously you are not competent.
What are you doing here? You enjoy spreading your incompetence, polluting threads with your incompetence?
temper, temper, temper...

Quote:
I personally...
means I personally??

by the way, how much less do you think would cost the ereader with little internal memory, say just enough for the OS? 1$?

Quote:
Buying a memory card for the BeBook is such a mess too
Kingston 1Gb SD? hard to find? Oh yes, sorry...

Quote:
99% of MENSA members would be off limits too...
so I guess that you should NOT be dealing with me either

Last edited by kapaka; 12-09-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #40
Diogene
Banned

Quote:
temper, temper, temper...

means I personally??

by the way, how much less do you think would cost the ereader with little internal memory, say just enough for the OS? 1$?

And you believe that your little number is going to diminish the accuracy of my logical answer to your remark? Your are cherry-picking one third of my answer to which you oppose a number, but that is not a serious way of dealing with the logic of my argument at all.

Kingston 1Gb SD? hard to find? Oh yes, sorry...
The company selling the BeBook vaguely acknowledges there is a problem with SD cards but refuses to release either a white list or a black list.
They in no way guarantee that the model you are telling me about will work. That is quite incredible that BeBook customers have to buy and try many cards (small capacity for the updates and large capacity cards for books and audio books/music), and then tell each other which card to buy and which card to avoid. And which 32 GB do you certify will work perfectly (bookmarks included)? You seem to treat my remark as a joke, so I presume you know the answer.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #41
kapaka

And I ask myself, why are you still dealing with me and my measle 147?

In all my life I have never met a electronic device that really works perfectly as it is supposed. But that is only my experience, abode of wisdom, and forums and the like are for overcoming these shortcomings.
If you think that you can do better, feel free to develop your own ereader (http://www.eink.com/kits/index.html) I will be very happy to buy it from your company.

Last edited by kapaka; 12-09-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #42
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Old 12-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #43
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #44
Diogene
Banned

Quote:
And I ask myself, why are you still dealing with me and my measle 147?
Because I enjoy uncovering frauds like you and SilverBullit with my IQ much rarer than yours!
You registered today, exactly like BeBookSupport, especially to defend the BeBook. Do you happen to work for the company selling the BeBook?
And after looking at the history of SilverBullit, who spent most of his time on this forum telling people where they could buy the BeBook in UK, to go to the BeBook forum, how better the BeBook is than the other clones, and where to buy covers from a company from the same country as the BeBook company...I am quite confident that we have three persons here representing the BeBook company not discreetly enough. I even think that SilverBullit is the CEO of BeBook.
Thank you for playing!

Last edited by Diogene; 12-09-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #45
kapaka

indeed

Whatever your high and mighty IQ is, there are hundreds or thousands as high or higher. And anyway it is an accident of birthing that gives most of it, so it is not something to be really proud of, isn't it?

And if you check my device you'll notice that I own the Spanish one, so no, I don't work for BeBook. Matter of fact I use the spanish firmware (v1.27) but tried BeBook's and Jinke's as well to see if I liked them better (I don't).

I joined just to reply to your statement, I found it really hilarious still do

Quote:

Last edited by kapaka; 12-09-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Closed Thread