Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 05-19-2016, 05:51 AM   #16
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I used to listen while walking Norton, but keeping an eye on him is too much of a distraction. I do like to have an audiobook playing while washing dishes, but the ultimate is to do a jigsaw puzzle on my iPad while listening. Unlike other puzzles, jigsaw puzzles don't seem to distract from my listening. It's as if the two activities were taking place in different areas of my brain with little overlap to add conflict. Solving a jigsaw puzzle is a nearly unconscious process that leaves me free to concentrate on the text; something I could never accomplish with, say, word puzzles.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #17
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Mostly when driving, though occasionally at home when knitting or coloring for relaxation. I've tried listening to audiobooks when doing housework, but I find that the housework distracts me too much from the book so I've given up on that.*

*Given up on trying to do both at the same time, I mean. I realize that sentence could be interpreted as I've given up on housework (which, believe me, I'm tempted to do at times, particularly in favor of reading) .

Last edited by ElspethB; 05-19-2016 at 11:50 AM.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #18
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Finished Cornwell's Waterloo, and today sometime I plan to start Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman. Each chapter is written in first person from the point of view of a different character, and, appropriately, each chapter has a different narrator.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote