Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-04-2019, 04:31 AM   #1
Dyxan
Dyxan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8
how remove text from purchased mobi or azw3 ?

Hello all,
I happen to purchase few ebooks in mobi and azw3 formats and than to convert them in calibre to PDF format.
In the PDF file to my surprise i found my name and email adress identification like (purchased at on ... by.. Name.. email adress). I do not like to have this identification there, is there any simple 1-2 click way to remove this identification allready in the AZW3 or mobi original file?
Sure I can remove it f.e. manually by INFIX in the resulting PDF, though I would like to do it allready in the source file...

thx in advance for any usefull ideas
Dyxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:34 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Never underestimate the ingenuity of Jeff Bezos!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Never underestimate the ingenuity of Jeff Bezos!
AFAIK, Amazon doesn't support social watermarking. The OP most likely got his books from another vendor.

@Dyxan If you indeed bought the book on Amazon, please provide a product URL.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:30 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i have had e-book bundles from humble bundle, which come in muitiple formats. I think its just old style mobi + epub though. I use the send to kindle option on the purchase page for the mobi and direct download for the epub for calibre.

I am pretty sure its all DRM free already at that point, and I have never noticed any watermarking when tweaking them to make copies for reading with my preferred styles
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote