Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 08:16 AM   #1
alexmobile
alexmobile began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
How to create non-embedded Unicode EPUB,LRF,TXT,RTF,PDF

So I changed the default fonts in my PRS 505 so that it can display unicode. Now I have a number of RTF and HTML texts (in Cyrillic) which I want to transfer to the reader. I want to try all the 5 formats the reader accepts .

The question is how do I make sure that the converted files are in unicode. I only know that to have unicode in TXT, you simply go to SAVE AS and choose UTF-8 in the ENCODING dropdown menu.

Again, I am starting from RTF and HTML and want to end up with EPUB,LRF,TXT,RTF,PDF in Unicode.
alexmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
For RTF you can use Unicode converter. Reader doesn't handle HTML, so it has to be converted to LRF or EPUB, e.g. with Calibre. It might be a good idea to convert RTF as well, especially if it has pictures.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert